Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Aching today

I got loaned out to breast line again last night, which has set off a touch of my tenonitis. It aches pretty bad this morning. I keep hoping that things will get better with business, and they slowly do, and I work my butt off on making it better, but you can bet there are a lot of days that I wish I had it going better, so I could work strictly from home. It's coming along, just so slowly like so much else, that it's becoming a bit of a drag. That's life for ya, though. Things cruise along nicely for a while, slow down, speed up, slow down. I just keep taking it a day at a time and plugging away.

I have a lot of patience for this process, however. It comes of all the needlework I've done over the years. You have to do that one stitch at a time, and can't always see major progress in short order. But one little bit at a time, you make something beautiful. So everything I'm working so hard on, that little bit at a time, just adds up one little bit at a time. Various projects are getting done, and some of what gets done around here is starting to net us a little bit of chump change.

All that scrub brush we keep clearing out, that makes up a lot of the woodpile? The stuff that hubby calls "giant toothpicks?" All the stuff that's good wood, just doesn't have to be split because it's essentially not any bigger than split wood? Yeah, we need to cut a lot more of it. We haven't got a wood stove in here, and honestly, the condition of this place, I'm not sure I'd trust one. (We're still aiming for a propane heater in here this year, which has to come before car repairs, which have to come before the heater core in the truck, .... it never ends.) But, there's a guy at work who needs a load of wood, and another gal who knows a gal who needs some wood ... and since they don't mind having to let it season a bit before using it ... our Sundays and a bit of time before work have gotten a tad busier, because chainsaws now have to come out more often.

A full load in the trailer plus a bit in the bed of the truck makes about half a cord, and going price here for cut and split half cord is around $50 if it's picked up. We're charing $75 to cover gas and time to deliver as well. Right now, there's a lot of downed trees around the place we can cut up for seasoned wood as well, so the loads will be pretty good on seasoned as well as green. My little battery-operated Black and Decker is going to be getting a heck of a workout for a while, because the stuff I tend to cut down I can trim and top while it's standing, and then cut down the main trunk, before cutting that to stove length. And as much small stuff as there is around here, I am going to be about as busy as hubby cutting wood to fill orders. Yikes!!!

But duty calls (aka, the J.O.B.), so I have to eat something, pull together and haul behind into work, and hope like crazy I get to stay on my newish spot on tenders tonight so I can end work without hurting. Hugs, all!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment