Sunday, October 26, 2014

Time to relax

My one day this week when I get to do "homesteady stuff" and relax a bit, instead of rushing around to do things and get ready for work and work. It's nice to be able to sleep in, relax, do chores that need doing and just generally spend time doing a whole lot of nothing. I've been busy doing some needlework and some writing, as well as the few chores that needed doing, and the day for me essentially is barely started. Mom is working on the lap quilt for my Aunt Liz, and it's funny that she is doing the same one I'm doing for her, without knowing that I'm doing it. She is also beginning to really be tired of green. That's why I did all the green first on the one I'm doing, so I could get to change up colors once in a while, instead of working with just the same five shades of green for who knew how long to do the butterfly names and all the vinework. I'm a little over halfway done on the second butterfly now that I'm into those, and it's going quickly, so I should have it done in another few days. Then I start number three of nine, and just keep on trucking. With limited time each day, it is not likely to make it for Christmas at this point, but I'm trying!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment