Thursday, October 9, 2014

Waking up is hard to do

Some days, you just can't win for losing in the wakeup department. Slept good enough, but waking up is eluding me. Time for what hubby calls a "crappy chino" so I can get some major caffiene in me and wake up. This is just one of those days when I need a heplock port in my arm so I can mainline the stuff. Yeah, just give me the IV bag of caffiene and hook it up. I'll be fine then. Till then, it's why can't I go back to bed? Oh yeah, I have a job. This whole work away from home thing is for the birds some days, and today is apparently one of them. At least my job is easy, for the most part, so I can do it when I'm tired or my mind doesn't want to do much besides roil around on things. And if I'm in good shape and want to spend my time thinking, I can do that, too. On the other hand, getting to where I can do what I want with my time instead of work will eventually be great as well, no matter how long it takes to get there.

My daughter's Christmas present arrived the other day. I'd say what it is, but we are friends on FB, and I don't want to spoil the surprise. I'll just say that I got it off Etsy and it's music-themed, so I think she'll like it. Mom's lap quilt is coming along. I have two more sections of vinework to do after I finish up the last bit on the piece I'm on now, and then it's all butterflies for the stitching. When I last talked to her, she was working on the lettering on the one she's making for my Aunt Liz. Mom still has no clue what I'm working on for her. She's not on FB, so it's safe to talk about it, and I know she'll love it. It's just a matter of getting it finished up with the limited time I've got to work on it. She's retired, so she has a stitching advantage over me there. If I get half an hour a day to work on it, I'm blessed, as much as I have to get done. I do more on the weekends, but it's still not going as fast as I could wish. *shrug* She'll get it eventually, anyhow, lol. Just maybe not in time for Christmas! I am hoping and working my butt off on it, literally having put every other single project I have to work on, on hold until this thing is finished.

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment