Friday, October 31, 2014

Well, this is fun

Somehow, earlier this week, I managed to wrench a muscle in my right shoulder, near the bottom of the shoulder blade. It hurts. Lots. Bad part is, I have to work with it aching. Good part is, at least it works out over the course of the day, though it's kind of a pain to have it pop back up in the morning. As today is Samhain (Halloween to non-Pagans), you can bet my night at work is going to be a long one, due to all the people who will call in so they can take their kids out, or just stay home to pass out candy. And it's supposed to be below freezing tonight (currently barely in the 50s outside), so what's left of the garden will be freeze-killed tonight, and that will save me working on anything outside till early spring. All I need to do is finish harvesting any seeds off beans and radishes, and my garden year is over. The rest will go in the compost heap this weekend.

Hubby is off with the truck getting the exhaust repaired, since we both had really good checks this week after last week's overtime. It's in need of it, as the nimrods who last "fixed" the exhaust didn't bother welding the pipe properly, and simply rammed pieces together and used JB Weld on the seams. Really????? *shaking my head* How stupid can you GET???? And since he wants a glass pack put on the thing to boot, he is off to an exhaust appointment. Me, I'm heading back to bed for a nap without him banging around to disturb it, so I can get up again later for work. Lucky him, his birthday was yesterday and he put in weeks ago to have today off for his floating birthday holiday, so he has a free day with pay. Oh well, another few months, and it'll be my turn again to annoy everyone by taking every other Monday off all summer. Although next summer, I hope I don't get stomach flu like I did this time!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment