Thursday, October 2, 2014

Windy day

It's a lovely fall day in the Ozarks, where we don't get a ton of color. The sumacs near the house are turning a bright, beautiful red, but that's about it. It's windy, though, as all the trees, even at ground level, are swaying. Not too much, to where you think the house is going to blow away, but just enough to make everything move like waves on the ocean. It's going to be time soon to where I have to pull up the garden for the year. The temps are lovely, just at the right place for shirt sleeves and shorts during the day. It's almost too bad that I have to wear jeans and work!

Hubby has a bit of an upset tummy this morning, so the teapot went on the hob, as the saying goes (in this case, one burner of the hot plate), and he's getting some peppermint tea in him, so he can settle things down and go to work today. He hates drinking tea, other than cold sweet tea, but being a natural-based health nut, I'm all for fixing things with herbs and spices and other natural methods. I also did a bit of foot reflexology on him, to help settle his tummy, so he feels somewhat better. We'll see if he can manage.

And it's going to pour like crazy today, according to weather online, so most of the windows have to stay closed most of the day. This makes the house a bit stuffy, but better that than rain blowing in the house! Mom's lap quilt is coming along nicely. I don't get a lot of time to work on it, since I have to ride with hubby while the car is down, because he likes to get to work really early to get a parking spot by the gate. However, with around half an hour or so to just sit before I really NEED to go in, I take it with me and sit in the truck and stitch. I don't get a lot done, but every little bit leads toward it being finished.

So it's a quiet day on the Casa Bountiful Farm today, with work in the schedule and rain in the forecast. If I were a stay-at-home, work-at-home, I have a feeling I'd be spending most of the day sleeping, haha! Rain does that to me!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment