Monday, September 1, 2014

Summer cold

I have one, and it needs to go away by tomorrow when we get up. I'll probably have to stop at the dollar store on the way to work to pick up some dayquil, because the nyquil, even without the alcohol content in it that I grew up with, still manages to knock my fuzzy butt clean the heck out. I'll be spending the day in bed, sitting up to get work done, but spending a lot of time snoozing, too.

I'm glad today is a holiday, though. It gives me a chance to get past this, and time to get a lot more done than I normally would one more day. The more I get done, the sooner goals are reached. I have discovered some stuff to where my book sales may end up going through the roof, or generally just getting much better, on my own Kindle books. The longer ones naturally also end up getting uploaded to CreateSpace, for a print edition as well as the electronic one. But there are a few sites I've found with listings of facebook groups to post the promos for the Kindle editions to, along with a few other places I can promo through, which should help sales quite a bit. I can but hope. The last time I did a promo, which was last weekend, I did okay ... but sadly, 9 sales plus 3 through the unlimited/lending library stuff doesn't really make a whole lot ($17.00 all told, but it's $17.00 I didn't have before).

Surprisingly, one of my squash has grown up the stake a bit, and is now putting out a ton of flowers ... but what is it with my squash this year and all male flowers? ARGH! And very surprisingly, that little cherry tomato that got weed whacked, which hubby swears he didn't do, is still thriving and is putting out new growth where it got chopped, including a couple of tiny buds. I may get a little bit of seed from it yet this year. We shall see. The radishes are still blooming and setting seed pods like there's no tomorrow, the beefsteak tomatoes are still blooming despite the weather, and the beans have gone crazy on me. It's not much of a garden, considering space constrictions and all, but I've proven to myself that I still have what it takes to grow stuff. Gives me that feel-good feeling. Now if I only felt better!

I do wish I did, too. I have a bunch of baby outfits I want to put up for sale on Etsy, but I can't find my camera batteries, and I feel like crap anyhow, so no photography today like I'd planned. Oh well ... it happens. Hugs all - I need more sleep. This cough is ridiculous.

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


No comments:

Post a Comment