Thursday, September 18, 2014

Busy day already

Hubby's off to Harrison to run a few errands, and he'll be back in a while to finish getting ready for work so we can both head in. I'm grateful for my job. It may be boring as all heck, but since they moved me to a different section of the department, I don't have to worry about aggravating my tenonitis, so it can heal up, and I also get to keep working while avoiding both doctors and surgery of any kind for a good long while if not permanently.

Scanned in a bunch of the small things I want to put on Etsy so far in about a 45-minute spree. This allows me to just set up listings over the next couple of weeks at one or two a day without having to set up the printer all the time. Love my little Canon, as it prints, copies and scans. Doesn't fax, but since I don't have a landline anyhow, who cares? With having had to do the picture spree this morning, I may or may not have time to do some actual stitching on Mom's lap quilt top, but since I'm riding with Quentin all the time now, till the car is fixed, I am taking that crocheted afghan with me to work on in the truck and for a bit after we get there, till I have to go in to be ready for shift. I don't see the point of going in way early just to get a better parking spot and socialize.

I'm not against socializing, but we don't hardly ever see these people outside of the plant, barring maybe five minute in Wal-Mart now and again, and we don't spend time with them outside of the plant, so why go in and be all sociable with them before work, and talk about our life's story? I'm rather introverted anyhow, and that just kind of annoys me that Quentin wants to go in hours early like that to socialize and "make sure he's not late." Seriously, he needs to get a grip. Getting there two and three hours early ensures he's there on time, but also that he has no life. Silly, you ask me. So I'm of the stay home and get things done type, go to work only long enough to work, and come home. Most of the folks I work with, I have nothing in common with besides work anyhow, and the majority of them don't like to do much but gripe about work when they do socialize, so to me, there's really no point to it all. Go in, work, go home. End of story. I have lots better things to do than gripe about my job, especially since I like it.

So, a bunch of stuff scanned, other things getting done, little by little. Yeah, my life is pretty good today. Hugs, all - I need some brunch!

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment