Thursday, September 11, 2014

Lest we ever forget

Thirteen years ago today, nearly 3,000 Americans lost their lives in a terrorist attack that lives in infamy. I still remember where I was and what I was doing. My world, my children's world, our nation's world, changed forever with that day. There was great tragedy, and great heroism. My aunt reminded me today with a post on Facebook to tell my husband I love him, despite that we say that to each other several times a day anyhow. You never know when it will be the last time. Be a better person for all that tragedy. Be kinder, gentler, more compassionate, because you may not get another chance.

On a less melodramatic note, hubby and I are riding together to work for a while ... he started to leave and came back home in short order - apparently the right front wheel bearing and brake are going out on the truck. So he is taking the car right now to run a couple of errands and come back for me, so we can go to work together. This also means the car will have to be cleaned out so that we can get laundry and groceries and his lanky frame in the passenger seat on the weekends. This is not going to be easy ... urgh.

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST

Don't forget to make sure you have your Kindle or Kindle app to read these! The app is free for PC, tablet, iphone, etc.!! Personally, I prefer the app on my laptop, as it holds more books than a Kindle does ... and since my Kindle library is around 8000 books, I need the space.




No comments:

Post a Comment