Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Raining!

Finally, for the first time in ages, it's a good, hard rain. Not enough to drown stuff, but a long, steady downpour. It'll make getting to work fun, going down the mountain road, and I'll have to leave a bit early to allow for wet roads and all, but I'll be fine. My cough is finally starting to get a bit better, and that helps. Work will help keep my sinuses from going crazy on me all day, but boy, I do wish things would pick up. This piecemeal from home crap has to change, lol.

The boys are enjoying the weather as much as I am. I had to wake them up for their breakfast this morning. Tinkerbell and Raffles were hiding deep under the trailer, trying not to get wet, when I took scraps out for them, and so I got a little damp half crawling under the deck to put the paper plate in a reasonably dry spot for them. With any luck at all, they'll be captured and fixed and indoors well before winter hits. This trailer may not be super-warm in the winter, but it's a lot better than super-cold outdoors and having them risk freezing to death out there.

I got a lot done over the weekend on the lap quilt for Mom. The outside border of the butterfly names is all done, and I'm working on the vines. I got one section done and another about half done yesterday. There's a lot left to do on it, though. But with luck and plenty of hustling on it, I might get it done. Writing is coming along, and with the luck of the Irish that my family seems to have, I've managed to find places I can promo my ebooks when they are on free promo with the KDP Select thing. This should immensely help sales even after the promo is over. AND I found out how to get them also published on Smashwords, as well as Kindle (and putting them on Etsy as well). As Smashwords also promotes ebooks through their site and several other sites (like Barnes & Noble's Nook platform), this should also help royalty income from the writing. Only bad part is, I really need to save up to get Microsoft Office paid for because, while I love Open Office for being free, it doesn't format quite like things need to be to be able to import them quite as well as they should for publication. It annoys me, because PDFs upload fine, but the interactive table of contents doesn't always work like it should, and that's highly annoying.

Anyhow, I need to eat and get other things done ... and lunch is going to be yummy. I made cheddarbrats, mashed potatoes, green beans and gravy for dinner yesterday, and there was some left over. I got full of yummy food. So there's a bowl in the fridge with a mishmash of leftovers that I'm going to dump on a plate and heat up for my pre-work lunch today. So, ta ta folks - I'm off to find books, and then eat some yummy food!!!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


No comments:

Post a Comment