Tuesday, September 23, 2014

What a day

And it looks to be "what a week." With breakdowns and all at work, it was 3AM when we got done. It's okay, the overtime would be nice, and it's back to cooler weather, so folks are eating more chicken (too cool to spend a ton of time grilling outdoors), and that means more work for us. All in all, it's good. We are supposed to work Saturday again, but there are also rumors of it getting cancelled. Either way, I'll be in good shape. If we work, it's plenty of extra overtime. If we don't, I get my whole weekend to do stuff, relax and sleep. Which I need more of. The stress the last few weeks is starting to bleed off now that the truck is back on the road without the stupid heater core leaking, and while we have no heat in the truck, at least we have no antifreeze dripping, either. I'll deal. Especially if I can get Bouncer to quit climbing into my arms, curling up and purring at me and making me sleepy, haha! One good thing about riding to work with Quentin is that once we are at the plant and parked, I open my window and sit there and stitch on Mom's lap quilt. I have eight more bits of vinery in the middle, five or six slightly bigger bits on the outside edge, and then it's time for nine butterflies. Whew. The batting and backing material have been ordered and are on their way (along with a couple of bibs and two pre-quilted crib covers, to make for sale), so once it's stitched, I can baste, trim, sew, quilt and edge it, and it's done. I still haven't figured out what to get dear daughter! Anybody know of any inexpensive, but interesting or neat piece of musical-themed necklaces for a music major? I'd say "jewelry," but she doesn't have pierced ears, and doesn't wear bracelets much that I know of, but I do know she likes necklaces. For now, though, it's time for a book hunt!!!

Oh yeah, and apparently, Amazon's sharer thing hates sharing to the farm's Facebook page now, so I have to individually post the links, or I have to tinyurl them. I don't like using tinyurl. It's free and relatively painless, but it is time-consuming to copy the link, paste it into the shortener, wait for it to shrinky-dink, copy that and paste that in where the original link was. If I could figure out why Amazon will share to my personal page and the freebies group I run, but not the farm page, it would be great.

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment