Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Typical days

Today is barely started and it's turning out to be one of those days where I fit the Facebook meme of "I cannot brain today. I has the dumb." There's just so much going on and ongoing, that thinking about it all has my mind spinning. Guess I need to just quit thinking and keep on being busy doing. Which leads me to today's topic. Folks have asked what a typical day for me is. You all know Saturday is errands and Sunday is rest and catch-up time. But during the week, about all most of you know is I work, I do what I can here, I eat and I sleep. So, a typical day.

It starts about 10AM, because working second shift, you go to bed with the sunrise instead of getting up with it. This does lessen some of the daylight time I have for things, but as most of my stuff right now can be done after dark, that isn't too big a problem. Once I'm up, I feed the cats, indoors and out. (Speaking of which, the girls are getting less freaked by me. Tinkerbell no longer hisses when I come out with food, and instead is greeting me at the door with feline imprecations of "You're late with my breakfast, human! Get a move on!" and Raffles bounces around for a minute before planting her front paws in the food and chowing down. Both allow much petting, and Tink will stop eating and arch into my hand now.) Then it's check email, quick check of Facebook for anything interesting in five minutes. Yeah, I'm pretty parsimonious on that - I don't like the timesuck that it is, so I tend to stay off it. I have better things to do than that.

Once that's all dealt with, it's time for breakfast. Usually oatmeal of some kind, or cream of wheat, or something similar. Some days I make scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon and other stuff mixed in - what I call an un-omelette, because I dont have an omelette pan and they fall apart anyhow. Over breakfast, I check out Elance, Odesk and Guru to see if there are any jobs available for me to bid on, and spend a few minutes deliving finished work there.

Then it's write the daily post, find freebie kindle books and post those, and list stuff on Etsy. Etsy is taking a bit of time lately as my inventory photos are not that great, so I am "retaking" them with the scanner bed on my printer. I try to list at least one item per day to keep that going with new stuff. I then spend about half an hour doing some kind of crafting, whether for myself or to fill orders in the shop. Much of my crafting is from kits, and I make up one item out of the kit for photographing and using as the display piece on Etsy, then make up the rest on an as-needed basis. So if I sell anything that's from kits, my craft time in the morning will be spent on that. After that, it's pack up outgoing sales items that have to be shipped, so I can take them to the PO that day.

Then it's an hour or so of relaxing outdoors if the weather is cooperative, gardening, cutting wood, and the like. Come in and wash up, finish pulling together for work, and back at the computer. I'm working on building a few pages for the blog of needlework links, which I'll set to show up once they're further along. There are a couple sites I can get to from the Internet Archive, plus a few other sites I enjoy that have a ton of pattern links, and all my needlework groups on FB that have files with links to free patterns. That's a long-term project right there. Then I take maybe five minutes to pick a new product to recommend on the blog (I'm still going through Share A Sale, one of these days, I'll get to all the goodies on ClickBank).

I get a bit of a snack in for before work, then I have a little time to write, add things to my Amazon wishlist, and do other hobby stuff to relax. Usually, this particular section has to wait until after I get home from work, depending on how tired I am (I don't do well on five hours sleep, but hubby can and so if I need more, I take a short nap after he leaves for work). Somewhere in there, I manage to find time to play a few computer games for half an hour or so as well.

Don't ask how I manage to do all this. It's a juggling act, and I'm pretty sure if I think about it too much, the whole ship's gonna sink like the Titanic.

No comments:

Post a Comment