Saturday, September 13, 2014

To all the crappy motorcycle riders out there

This is not meant for the wonderful, law-abiding bikers out there. This is for the nimrods who want me to "respect" them on the road but don't want to respect me on the road. Most bikers are great people. Indeed, I have several family members who ride motorcycles regularly, and follow ther rules of the road, so anybody driving while they are biking is as safe as they are. This is for the OTHER bikers out there, one in particular.

Thank you to the idiot biker today as I was pulling out of Wal-Mart. We are down to one vehicle right now, and you nearly screwed us out of that, our new-used truck for hubby (because we would have had no way for hubby to go do the paperwork to transfer plates and insurance), AND our jobs (because we'd have no way to work), possibly our lives, and definitely your life. Thank you for the heart attack I nearly had, along with the panic attack and crying jag you gave me, for the stupid stunt you pulled.

I had checked for traffic, as I was making a right turn on red. Perfectly legal. All clear. I got halfway around the turn, when I hear a motorcycle come roaring up behind me. I hit the brakes, because it was really loud. We are talking I could have been riding the thing without a helmet loud. Good thing I did. WHIZZZED by me doing at least 60mph, and there was a big semi hooked up to a bucket trailer (the kind they dump things like huge loads of gravel into) on my left. The front of my car was about halfway down the trailer when this moron goes whizzing by me. A car in front of me in the outside lane I was pulling out into. Mr. Stupid Motorcyclist goes around me, BETWEEN me and the semi trailer, then up between the rig and the car in front of me, weaving in and out of traffic. The semi almost clipped his rear tire! If I hadn't stopped short like I did, I would have hit the stupid arse and surely killed him as he wasn't wearing a helmet (Arkansas is helmet-optional) and would have gone flying. Into the pavement. At extremely high speed. My poor little compact would have been toast, along with serious injury to us, and possibly killing us as well.

I was okay to drive, or so I thought. The panic set in a mile or so down the road, thankfully only about a quarter mile from a small collectibles shop that does a flea market in their side yard every Saturday. We pulled in there and swapped drivers, because I was about to fall apart. Hubby drove after that for a while, because all I could do was bawl from the terror and avoided tragedy, and keep on saying, "I could have killed him, oh my god, I could have killed that guy."

So thanks for all the mental and emotional crap you put me through today. I have bad enough panic attacks as it is, I didn't need one thrust on me like that by an idiot who doesn't belong on the road. That guy is a candidate for a Darwin award, because one of these days, he's going to creatively manage to remove himself from the gene pool.

Then we get home from everything, and as we are unloading, I notice Bouncer begging for a walk. The weather's been so hot, all he wants to do is sprawl on the bed in the breeze from the bedroom fan or in the bathtub, and I can't blame him. Today wasn't raining but it was still nice enough that he started pawing at his harness and leash, so I took him out while hubby finished unloading. And saw what's been chewing my tomatoes to crap for the last several days. A big ole tomato hornworm caterpillar, who was calming sitting on one stem, chewing up a leaf. Not standing for that, I picked off the leaf bit he was on, tossed him on the ground, and stomped his squishy butt flat. Then I thoroughly checked the rest of my maters, and found no more caterpillars, so they are safe again. And this fellow was a big one. He'd been at it for several days, I know, but not anymore he ain't.

And we'll likely be shooting the dogs belonging to one of our neighbors. There's three of them, ranging from a dirty white mophead thing to a big Shepherd mix. I wouldn't shoot them but he won't keep them penned up at all, and lets them roam all over the mountain. They are coming up here and disturbing my cats, both indoors and out, and I'm also tired of them digging holes in my yard, and barking and howling all the time when they come up here. If they are seen on our property, disturbing our lives, under state law, we can shoot them as nuisance animals. Now that we have the .22 Mossberg, they're more likely to be shot than run off. I refuse to have my life ruined because someone won't control their dogs. I love dogs, but people need to keep their critters under control. What if I already had chickens up here and they went after them? Or other livestock? Yeah, that would go over really well with me.

But we were really tired after work last night and errands today (work didn't let out till after 330AM), so we took naps when we got home and got stuff put away. Yay me, I feel much better now, lol. (Yes, this means I'm skipping books today ... I managed to post them to the Kinde Freebies group I run before I crashed but that's all I managed, haha!) Hugs all!

No comments:

Post a Comment