Monday, September 15, 2014

Wet Monday

Yeah, it's raining again, which is nice. But some good is coming of it all. I may be exhausted from not sleeping too well last night, and having it interrupted a couple of times by hubby getting up to go get things done on the truck and by the cats, but duty calls with work. Homesteading is a blast, but working outside the home is often a necessity in order to make ends meet even after you have things going. Add in that it usually ensures you have insurance (a necessity with all the booboos that happen on a homestead or farm), and SOMEBODY'S gotta either work or you pay through the nose for self-employment insurance.

I know that my wishlist on Amazon is going to go gonzo, because books, DVDs, needleart supplies and kits, and whatnot need to be put on there like mad, but there's so many other things I am trying to do, too. Speaking of needlework, Mom's lap quilt top is coming along beautifully now that I can see the tiny stitches much better. The little lighted magnifier I got on Amazon is a delight. It hangs by an adjustable neck strap, LED lights when you need them (battery operated on-off switch), so it makes stitching nice, other than having to hold the hoop where my stitching area is magnified. That won't be a problem for more than a few days. I ordered me another kit that I probably won't start right away, and some thread that I'm nearly out of, and a neat gadget I've been wanting for years. A wooden lap hoop.

What that is, is a wooden embroidery hoop on a short stand, that is supported by your legs rather than the floor. The base isn't huge, and it goes under your thighs, which hold the hoop steady. It's supposed to be here as early as Friday, which means I could easily start having fun with it this upcoming weekend. Happy times! Plus putting stuff up on Etsy. There is so much to do, piece by piece, to get my homestead dream fully alive. It's a-borning, but it's inching along. I'm nowhere near where I need to be, and want to be, but I've got a start going, and as a friend reminded me yesterday, every little bit helps.

*****




No comments:

Post a Comment