Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Crazy cats and crazy weather and Dixie horns

Quentin got the stupid Dixie horn installed in the truck a few days ago, moving over from the defunct van. That he sets it off constantly for any reason at all - he's asked to, we drive by motorcyclists, we drive by someone with an American flag flying, etc., is annoying me to no end. That he is showing off the install job to all and sundry who ask is an unending source of entertainment, because he often forgets how loud it is and asks me to "reach over and set it off." Despite knowing it is going to sound off, he jumps every time. Last night after work, he didn't ask, but was showing it off to a friend of his. So, while sitting in the truck with an upset tummy, waiting on him to hurry up so we can get home and I can get some mint tea in me, I casually reach over and off goes the horn. He jumped a foot. Everybody outside who saw it laughed. I'm still laughing at the memory of the look on his face. WORTH IT for him saying he'll get me back.

The weather is nuts. Typical fall weather. Warm days and cool nights. Ought to make for a great show of color this year! The fall garden is going crazy on me, so lots of last-minute goodies getting busy getting eaten. Greens, radishes, baby carrots, pearl onions, etc. Loads of salad goodies.

And the kitties are being silly. The weather and flea treatment has the boys feeling frisky and happy, so they are racing around the house like they're nuts. The girls are feeling snarky as well. Every morniing, when I head outside to feed them, I'm met at the door and kitty-screamed at. MEOW!!!!! I get stereo nagging from Tink and Raffles, because apparently, I'm not nearly fast enough with their breakfast!

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment