Sunday, September 14, 2014

Lazy day

I'm taking a lazy day today. I'm going to spend the day reading, napping and doing needlework. Well, other than a couple of chores that need doing like putting away yesterday's laundry and getting trash out and burnt. I don't need daylight for the laundry, and burning the trash isn't my job, just getting it together. Hubby is supposed to be working on tearing out the stuff off the van that he wants to keep and transfer to the truck (his bumper lights, brush guard, the doggone Dixie horn that he HAD to have), and instead, he is taking a nap after three hours of video games. I can see how this week's going to go, because he'll be mad at himself for getting nothing done and do a lot of griping about it instead of shutting up and getting busy.

Vehicular problems are solved to some extent. Hubby still has to run to the DMV and insurance offices tomorrow before work to get things changed from the van to the his new-used truck. It's a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500, crew cab, short bed. Pretty much in superb condition, barring a couple small dents, the driver's crew cab door doesn't unlatch, and the buttons for the door locks are missing on the passenger door. It's dark blue and in good shape, so it will do. My only real gripe is getting back into vehicle payments again, which just makes the budget tight. That's a bit of a bummer, but we'll manage.

Of course, in a few months, things will get better financially, I hope, as that stupid garnishment will be done, and I've got paperwork on the way from the garnishment offices at corporate to show how much has been taken out so far, so I can coordinate my spreadsheet with that and make sure it's all correct. Once the darn thing's done, it'll be time to take it all to an attorney and see if I can get any of it back, based on the fact that prior to DD's surgery all those years ago, I had a court order that specifically states that "extraordinary medical expenses" were only 17% mine. The hospital never did figure out what the 17% would be, just expected me to pay the whole thing, and since DD's biological father never wants to work above-board, well ... that left me stuck with it. Sorry, Charlie. I'll pay my share of bills, but not everybody else's bills on top of it. So it'll be time to hopefully hang out the hospital and their attorney to dry for a few grand by end of the year or shortly into the new one.

And how come this year has raced by? It's halfway through September already, and I have no clue where the time all went. I've got a few fall things in the garden (carrots, lettuce and other greens, more turnips, etc.), all things that will grow quickly and be ready for picking by frost here. The tomatoes are nearly done, the white icicle radishes are still blooming and setting pods like crazy (and not even getting dry to harvest seeds yet), the beans are still going like mad and getting some dry pods so harvest of seeds is not far away on them, the squash ... well, the squash is growing like crazy yet but still not a single female flower. All male. Kind of hard to get squash out of male blossoms, lol! Hugs, all. I need to get some needlework done now. Mom's Christmas present ain't gonna stitch itself.

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment