Friday, September 5, 2014

Glad it's Friday

And I'm trying really hard to live up to a personal challenge of not complaining for at least 24 hours. So far, so good, though I've had to rewrite this post several times already, because I have found myself making small gripes. Nothing really overt, but even a small gripe doesn't fit right now. I've got too much to be glad about. Heck, I'm alive, I've got the weekend to look forward to, and I'm accomplishing my goals one tiny step at a time. Much like Neil Armstrong on the moon, what I'm doing is all one small step toward self-employment, one giant leap toward my goals. Every little thing builds on the other little things I've done. So I'm happy with the way things are going. Slow but sure. Kind of like the story of the tortoise and the hare. The hare raced along, got pooped, took a nap and lost the race. The tortoise just plodded along, a step at a time, and while the hare snoozed, kept on plodding and eventually won. Every stitch in my needlework brings a project closer to completion. Every word written or proofread in one of my little books brings another book closer to publication (and when you have notes for around 5000 or more, you really need to work hard on your writing). And there's putting stuff up for sale on Etsy. I can't seem to find my camera batteries, so I likely need to get a new set (at which point we all know the old ones will turn up somewhere, haha), so I can photograph the stuff I don't have pictures of yet. Course, the small stuff I can scan on the printer/scanner/copier, and the big stuff I could scan in chunks and edit to stick them together if need be, lol. That would take a while, though, and I'm not sure I want to do that. Batteries would make the job faster. Okay, enough chatter, I have eventually-to-be-paying-well work to do!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST




No comments:

Post a Comment