Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Good day

It's a good day overall. It's Wednesday, which means when I get home from work, my check will be in the bank. I got moved to tender line on semi-permanent loan. Basically, my supervisor doesn't want to lose me completely, but he understands the conflicts between me and the lead, and that I need to give my tenonitis a big rest, so it's a lighter duty job that will keep me working and active, and it's still repetitive, but it will allow him to yank me back if he needs me, while allowing me not to take a sick day because my arm hurts too much from the day before. Those chicken boobs can get pretty heavy when you have to flop whole ones around all the time. What you buy in the store as "whole breast halves" are heavy enough, much of the time, right? Imagine taking the whole breast, not the half, and having to flip it over or move it around for eight or more hours a day. That amounts to around 40,000 (FORTY THOUSAND!!!) or more boobs a day, at around three to five pounds a piece, getting flipped and weighing on your wrists and forearm, as well as wearing them out.

So it's time for a spot of lunch, get ready for work and get some work done on Things That Will Eventually Pay Off And Be My New Career. Which, oddly enough, doesn't feel like work at all, but is relaxing fun. (In other words, today is find books to share and see if MS Office is going to require a key or not to keep it working more than a month. If it does, I need to save up for that fast, as Open Office doesn't convert to a current enough version of Word for Kindle or Smashwords to be happy. Gah. The things I go through for my writing craft!)

Speaking of writing, I love Debbie Macomber's books for non-sf/fantasy stuff. She writes women's stories so well. I really need to find the rest of her books and add them to my collection, particularly the Blossom Street series. I only have the first and fourth, argh! Re-reading the first one. LOVE those stories!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


No comments:

Post a Comment