Saturday, November 1, 2014

Uneventful Saturday

For around here, anyhow. I know my family back home is getting some snow, and all we are getting is cold. And I do mean COLD. Freezing temps last night killed the last of my garden, so tomorrow during warmish temps, I will be out doing the clearing up for the year. I did pull the last of the watermelon radishes today when we got home, and the cold of last night just sweetened them up so they taste yummy. Never thought I'd like radishes, but when you have home-grown over the store-bought cardboard, there's a good flavor to them.

I do have the second butterfly done on Mom's lap quilt, and got the third one started a bit today while at the laundromat. However, with the lighting at the house not the greatest in the bedroom for stitching, unless I use my neck magnifier with the light, which is wonky, I'm going to have a bit of an easier project ongoing for home fiber fun. I've got a big box of finished squares, so I'm going to whip out another afghan for the bed. If there aren't enough squares, I'll just put a whacking huge border on the thing. It'll be faster to put it together from already-finished squares than to have to sit and make it up from scratch like I thought I would have to. I wasn't getting a lot done on the lap quilt at home anyhow. The living room is usually a bit too chilly to sit down there to stitch, so at home, I'm usually hunkering in the bedroom to stay much warmer. And with the light so poor down here, it makes it difficult to embroider. So, especially now that DST is ending, I really need a project for a bit that I can do in not-so-great lighting. And another afghan is always welcome.

So it's off to work on the afghan, because more warmth to bury oneself in during cold weather is just delightful. Hugs, all!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment