Friday, April 18, 2014

Bittersweet endings, new beginnings

Well, today marked the last day on first shift. It went okay, not too bad, just boring becaue I got moved from my normal job to assist elsewhere. While it passed the time, it did so really slowly. Might have just been my perception, because I wanted the day over with. So, naturally, the day dragged on and on! My best friend was the only one who said goodbye to me, and hugged me, and then I started crying. Right there in front of everybody. I've had a good run on first shift, and I'll miss a lot of people there. But second is a good move for me, and one I requested for multiple reasons. More time with the hubby, less worries in a bad winter about being able to get to work  (if it's that bad, I'll just ride with him), a bit of a pay hike (40c an hour) and a bit of overtime most weeks.

Just means blogging and the booklist and other online stuff will have to be done BEFORE I go to work and not after I come home, haha! So I'm a bit sad to be leaving my friends on first shift, but I have hubby and a lot of friends on second shift from the first time I worked for Tysons, all of whom are saying, "Welcome home!" They seem to think I "belong" on second shift, lol. They may be right. I do enjoy getting up a bit later in the morning than first shift requires, and don't mind working nights. So I'm a bit happy too, because I wanted this transfer and finally got it, and I'm going right where I want to be - back on x-ray, where I worked on first shift already. So same job, just a different shift. Makes the transition really easy!

Coming home tonight, I got a surprise just before the driveway on the mountain road. Our mountain's red-tailed hawk was sitting on a low branch on the left side of the road, and I startled him with the car. He took off and swooped up the road with me, at eye level. So beautiful. Heard the first cricket of the year on the way to the house from the car, too, so temperatures are rising nicely and staying out of the chilly temps. Soon, the air will be alive with the sound of the local bumblebees buzzing (I think we have a wild hive of honeybees somewhere, too, as I saw some last year but nobody on the mountain has hives), the tree frogs and the crickets.  Of course, since it's spring, the boys have to be brushed daily, because they are blowing coat like crazy. My laptop keyboard is rather fuzzy right now if I pet either one of them, haha!

Anyhow, I'm off to work on the booklist and spending my evening and half the night (trying to shift my schedule starting tonight to make it easier to adjust) working on my book that I'm writing so I can get a few more pages done in it the way I want them. Hugs, till tomorrow!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


A Family Camping Cookbook : Meals in the Great Outdoors
White Gardens - How to Make a Stunning Moon Garden
SLOW COOKER DESSERTS
101 Most Delicious Cake Recipes: From Sweet and Sassy to Savory and Delectable! All of the Best in One Book!
Christmas Value Pack I - 200 Recipes For Christmas Dinner, Christmas Desserts, Christmas Candy and Christmas Pies (The Ultimate Christmas Recipes and Recipes For Christmas Collection)
51 Delicious Apple Cookie and Apple Bar Recipes - Delicious Apple Cookies and Apple Bars To Bake Today (The Ultimate Apple Desserts Cookbook - The Delicious ... Apple Desserts and Apple Recipes Collection)
50 Christmas Bar Recipes - Traditional Bar Cookies, Cheesecake Bars, Brownies and Blondies (The Ultimate Christmas Recipes and Recipes For Christmas Collection)
Organic Gardening Beginner's Manual
Organic Composting: Reduce Waste, Save Money, and Improve Your Garden (How To Garden, How To Compost)
Sourdough Bread: Discover the Secret to Making Sourdough Bread from Scratch
Paleo Bread Recipes: Gluten Free, Paleo Bread Recipes for All Tastes (Ultimate Paleo Recipes Series)
50 slow cooker recipes for every busy mum: Prepare tasty meals in no time and have enough time for your family
Flower Gardening
Gluttony of Gluten-Free - Bread and Slow-Cooker Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment