Friday, April 25, 2014

It's tick season

Yuck. Found the first ticks of the year yesterday on Quentin. I've got bites but no hangers-on, shall we say, but I had to pull a couple of the hubby. I hate ticks. It's the one thing about country living I loathe. But when you live on a property that's been let go for twenty years, it's something you learn to live with. You do tick patrol whenever you have been outside. It also means Quentin definitely needs to get out with the weedwhacker and trim up the "lawn" this weekend, such as we have. It's tiny, and there's a lot of big rocks and things sticking up that would tear up a mower, so we have no choice but to weedwhack. Well, that or let it grow to waist high and have even more ticks to deal with, along with snakes and spiders. I'd rather avoid the snakes, because this area is rife with timber rattlers. I still remember the one the power company scared up a couple summers ago when they were brush hogging the easement. Thanks, but I'll just avoid that.

It is sure pretty though. All the green. I know, I said it yesterday, but gosh it is GREEN and gorgeous out. I hope I can get out today and do a bit before we leave for work. Sure would be nice, because nothing but work and sleep and online stuff and writing really does not do it for this homesteading lady. I like being outdoors a lot. I don't care if I'm just burning trash, I like to be outdoors, not locked up in some stuffy plant mutilating chickens, lol. Anyhow, I am off to find some food, make my lunch, and find y'all some books. Hugs all!!!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Blueberry Delights Cookbook: A Collection of Blueberry Recipes (Cookbook Delights Series)
How To Knit Socks For Beginners (Knitting For Beginners)
A Beginners Guide to Keeping Backyard Chickens - Breeds Guide, Chicken Tractors & Coops, Hatching & Raising Chicks Plus More... (Simple Living)
How to Grow Organic Vegetables: Your Guide To Growing Vegetables in Your Organic Garden
A Guide to Gardening and Growing Best Herbs Anywhere
A Beginner's Guide to Successful Container Gardening: Learn the Innermost Secrets of Growing Healthy Plants at your Home
Vertical Gardening: A Complete Step by Step Beginners Guide
How To Compost, Composting Guide With F.A.Q. includes Vermicomposting & Bokashi Compost: Composting Made Easy, Step By Step
How To Grow Tomatoes, Growing Tomatoes Made Easy
Garden Guide - A No Nonsense, No PhD, No Fuss Guide to Great Gardens with Hand-Holding How To's for Beginners and Straightforward Instruction for Advanced Gardeners
Garden Table
Organic Homemade Cleaning Recipes: Your Guide to Safe, Eco-Friendly, and Money-Saving Recipes
Handmade Soap - A Step-by-Step Guide to Starting Up Your VERY Own Business!-
Green Cleaning Products: Recipes For Chemical Free Environment And A Healthy You!
Aquaponics Gardening: A Complete Step By Step Guide for Beginners! The Revolutionary, Organic Gardening
Beginners Crochet: An Easy to Follow 12 Step Guide for Beginners Learning Crochet (Patterns, Stitches)

No comments:

Post a Comment