Thursday, April 10, 2014

Yep, I'm sick-ish

Because I feel like I've been run over by a Mack truck. Ugh. I can figure it out pretty easily - super cold yesterday, and after a reasonably easy day at work (albeit in an unusually cold environment today - the chickens were darn near ice cubes), I'm sitting at home, having a movie night and feeling overheated. Add in that it's not that warm in here, and I'm sweating a bit, you get Momma Is Feeling Poorly. Probably one of those twenty-four hour things. If it's still ongoing tomorrow, it'll be movie ngiht again. Tonight is Marvel superheroes night - Iron Man (all three), Avengers, Captain America, Hulk, both Thors ... and for fun, if I'm awake long enough, which I doubt, Green Lantern just because I think they did a good job on keeping to the story while making it old-fashioned campy. If you're like me, and old enough to remember the old Batman TV series. it's got that kind of campy feeling to it. If I still feel crappy tomorrow, it's going to be the rest of the set.

But I'm getting a lot done despite feeling all caca. Mom and I talked for a while, caught up on news, which was great. I love talking to her. I miss her and my daughter a lot, but you have to do what you have to do to make a life. And truthfully, there's so much here to attract people looking for a rural life. If nothing else, the cottage industry laws are a lot more lax than back home, allowing small producers to actually make a bit of an income from their homesteads, without putting a lot of undue pressure on the homesteader to meet a huge burden. For example, back home in Michigan, if you want to produce jams and jellies from your farm, you have to make them in a USDA-inspected kitchen. Here in Arkansas and in Missouri, you can do it in your own kitchen. The resultant goodies have to be labeled with ingredients, weight, where produced, etc (though you can avoid the whole nutritional labeling as in store-bought food). And you can produce basically as much as you want for sale. I say basically because Missouri does have a limit, in that you have to keep sales under $30K for the year, but any homesteader who sells that much jam and jelly in a year is doing pretty good and can probably afford to put together at least a SMALL kitchen in stainless and get it inspected!

So tonight is movies and relaxation and get well before I head to bed. In the meantime, here are some kindle goodies!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


The How to Book on Building a Raised Garden Bed: Growing Luscious Vegetables, Fruits & Vibrant Flowers / The Thriving Soil System (The Jonah Green Gardening Series)
Grandma's Simple Cookbook:OMG EZ 120 Recipes
Soups and Stews Recipe CookBook :Global Gastronomic Adventures Presents A Real Taste of Soups and Stews: :Global Gastronomic Adventures Soups and Stews ... Soups and Stews ( Outdoor Cooking Recipes))
Gingerbread Recipes from America's Eateries
Growing Organic Berries: Everything You Need To Know To Grow Healthy Berries (Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries & Rasberries)
I CAN CAN GROUND MEATS!!: How to safely grind and home can ground meats to stock your food storage pantry with flavorful and nutritious loose ground meats (I Can Can!! Frugal Living Series)
10 Minute Paleo Slow Cooker Cookbook: 50 Insanely Good Paleo Recipes You Can Prep In 10 Minutes Or Less
Slow Cooking Done Right (Easy Slow Cooker Meals)
Back Country Crafts Made Easy: 25 Crafts to Warm Your Heart
Delicious Cookies and Bars (Delicious Mini Book)
Aquaponics: Aquaponic Gardening Guide For Beginners
How to Vertical Garden: What You Need to Know About Vertical Gardening & Creating a Beautiful Living Wall (The Jonah Green Gardening Series)
Homemade Potato Chips :The Ultimate Recipe Guide - Over 30 Delicious & Best Selling Recipes
Herb Gardening For Beginners: How to Plant an Herb Garden
Natural Liquid Soap Making... Made Simple: 25 Easy Soap Making Recipes You Can Try At Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment