Monday, April 14, 2014

BRRR!!!! What happened to Spring?

It's just that cold. Seriously, folks, this is not funny if Old Man Winter wants to play a joke on us. There are a lot of people going to get cold again because they are all prepped for warmer weather. I'm glad we hadn't put the space heater or the afghans or flannel sheets away for the summer yet, because we needed them last night and will again tonight. After all that rain yesterday, which at times was hard enough to scare Smudge into hiding and later into cuddling tight up against my leg and purring to self-soothe, it got into the 30sF. It got warmish today, high 50sF, but it's been so windy and damp from yesterday that it didn't feel like it. It's supposed to get into the high 20sF tonight. Yeeek!!!

I am hunkering down in the bedroom where it's warmest and have some movies here (Avengers, Green Lantern, and Ghost Rider) to keep me company for the evening. The living room is barely 50F, and there is no way I'm sitting down there and freezing just to catch up on Once Upon a Time (I'm addicted to that show - Robert Carlyle makes a great Rumple, and I can't help but giggle myself every time Rumple does that creepy giggle of his), or Castle. I'll catch up ONline, thank you very much, with my knitting and the laptop to help keep me busy while watching. As my Mom likes to say when people are trying to get her to do something stupid, "I may have been born at night, but I wasn't born LAST night." I know enough that with my fibromyalgia, that if I'm already cold, as from work, and it's chilly, my best option is under covers to thaw out, because my worst spots are around my knees and hips. Yeah, go figure - all that I do, and I have mild fibro, and still do it, especially the homesteading chores. I must be a glutton for punishmnet, lol.

I do have a picture for you of the dogwood. It's so pretty this time of year, all in bloom. It's not that good a photo - the sunset is almost behind it, and so there' s alot of glare I can't fix. Grrr. Sorry about that! If the freeze doesn't kill the blooms, I'll get a better photo later this week or this weekend when I can do it during good daylight, so it will show up better.

I cheated on dinner tonight. Mini meatloaves. I just make up meatloaf mix, and freeze it in my mini bread loaf pans. Then when we're having meatloaf for dinner, I pull a couple out for each of us, let them thaw all day in the fridge, and cook them when I get home. Quick fix for dinner and delicious! I put cheese in the middle for extra flavor, and the traditional ketchup on top, which last only goes on when they are almost done cooking.

But now it's on to the books, so hugs everybody and stay warm!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


How to Make Buttermilk: Recipes, tips, tricks
How to Crochet Vol.II. A Complete Intermediate Guide with More Patterns, Stitches and Squares Also Includes Step-by-Step Instructions with Pictures: Intermediate Guide, With more Advanced Stitches
Mouth Watering Paleo Desserts: Easy, Delicious Recipes For Busy Moms
Backyard Vegetable Gardening in Winter: A Beginner's Guide to a Successful Vegetable Gardening in Winter
Plant A Garden And Be Happy: How Planting And Harvesting Your Own Garden Can Provide Tremendous Enjoyment And Satisfaction (gardening, benefits of gardening, gardening for beginners, growing a garden)
Natural Cleaning Recipes: Green Cleaning and Eco-Friendly Natural Cleaning Tips
Backyard Pet Chickens A Beginners Guide: How To Raise Hens In A Small Suburban Yard
The Paleo Diet Cookbook: Delicious, Simple And Healthy Paleo Recipes (Paleo Diet, Paleo, Paleo Cookbook, Paleo Recipes, Paleo For Beginners, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Snacks, Dessert)
Cookie Indulgence: 150 Easy Cookie Recipes
Slow Cooking for One (Cooking For 1)
Permaculture Chicken: Incubation Handbook
Mint, The Miraculous Herb and more than 30 Ways To Use It
Christmas Value Pack III - 200 Christmas Cookie Recipes - Chocolate Cookies, Thumbprint Cookies, Spritz Cookies and Cutout Cookies (The Ultimate Christmas Recipes and Recipes For Christmas Collection)
Egg Production with Urban Chickens: How to Raise Chickens in Your Backyard
Creative Homemaking Guide to Best Cookie Recipes
Vertical Gardening: Grow Your Garden Up to Harvest Beautiful Fruits, Vegetables, and Plants in Small Spaces (Garden in Urban Locations, Small Spaces, Anywhere Else Using Vertical Gardening)
Gluten Free Bread Recipes: An Guide To An Healthy Natural Diet

No comments:

Post a Comment