Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Some good news, some iffy news

Good news is, I got my transfer to second shift, which means Monday, books and such will be a lot earlier in the day. Assuming the iffy news doesn't turn into horribly bad news. Iffy news being, my laptop is trying to die on me by not recharging. I've tried everything, and it only works part of the time. Good thing Tuesday is my anniversary at work. I was planning on holding off selling my vacation time back to the company and taking the money for another few weeks, until that stupid garnishment dies off for at least a couple of weeks, but in light of this, I think I'll take it ASAP and put it towards that laptop I've been eyeing at WalMart. It's $400, plus tax, but worth it. Guess my holiday pay for my anniversary and my vacation pay will get me a new laptop sooner than I thought would happen. So if I turn up missing unexpectedly, you'll know what happened. (And to think I thought I could make this one last a while longer and put that money toward paying off a couple of back bills .... oh well.)

On the other hand, the new laptop I'm eyeing is faster, has more memory, and a bigger hard drive. It also has a touch screen. Unfortunately, it has also got Windows 8 on it, which I'm not fond of, but I guess I'll just have to get used to it. It also looks like the hard drive from this one will have to go into my old other laptop that really needs Windows reinstalled, but I think trading hard drives will give the older one some new life and allow Quentin to learn to use a computer. The good news for Quentin is, the power cord from both of them is pretty much the same and works on both, because both this one and the old one are Acers.

Unfortunately, it was a teeny bit chilly tonight when I got home, so no outside work done today. But that's fine, still lots to do indoors. Though I'm looking forward to the shift change. I'll have to work on changing things out as far as what I do and when. It means my time online will be before I go to work instead of after I get home, along with anything I want to get done outside. I'm good with that, because at least outside work can get done when it's warmest, even in the middle of winter. This also means that in colder weather, I can still get out and do SOMETHING. Wins all around, ya know?

So while I have this one actually deciding to charge up like it's supposed to for the moment, I'll get busy on books and doing whatever else I can. Hugs all ... Time for fun!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Simple Guide on Hydroponics Gardening: Expert Tips for Beginners and Intermediate Gardeners
Rhubarb Delights Cookbook: A Collection of Rhubarb Recipes (Cookbook Delights Series)
Growing Plants In What You Have
Gluten Free Vegan Cookbook | 101 Delicious Super Simple Gluten Free, Animal Free Vegan Recipes
The Gluten-Free Chinese Recipe Collection
40 Little Gems: Cookbook of 40 Cookies!
How to Make Colorful and Fragrant Soap at Home: Unique Soap Making Recipes With Step by Step Photos (A Soap Making Book)
Boxed Set 2 Carrier Oils Guide
Festive Holiday Cookie Recipes (Hand-Me-Down Recipes)
Greenhouse Gardening the Easy Way!: Learn to Greenhouse Garden: What plants grow best, how to use vertical gardening and other methods to create an optimal year round or seasonal greenhouse.
Container Gardening: A Quick Start Guide (Gardening Quick Start Guides)
Square Recipes from Scratch (Grama G's Top Homemade Recipes From Scratch)
Green and Clean: Natural Cleaning in the Kitchen
Healthy Vegetarian Collection: More Than 100 Healthy Recipes for a Vegetarian Diet
The Quinoa Cookbook: Quick, Easy and Healthy Recipes Using Natures Superfood
Never Buy Condiments Again! Deliciously Cheap Recipes and Tips for Homemade Condiments (Save At Home Guide)
Green and Clean: Getting Started with Natural Cleaning
Gluten-Free Slow Cooker: Easy Recipes for a Gluten Free Diet
Paleo Slow Cooker Soups and Stews: Healthy Family Gluten-Free Recipes
Soap Making From Scratch: 30+ Handmade Soap Recipes and Tips. Complete Beginner's Guide to Handmade Soaps (Soap Making Book)
50 Christmas Cutout Cookies - Delicious and Easy Cutout Cookies For Christmas and Beyond (The Ultimate Christmas Recipes and Recipes For Christmas Collection)
Home Baked Bread: How to bake bread at home and get perfect results (Home Baked Bread!)
Organic Vertical Garden: Beginners Guide To Growing Healthy Organic Gardens
A Beginner's Guide to Raised Bed Gardening
Freezer Meals: How to Cook Quick, Cheap, Simple and Great Meals that helped me lose weight
Organic Gardening: A Quick Start Guide (Gardening Quick Start Guides)
Paleo Slow Cooker: Simple and Healthy Gluten-Free Recipes
Green and Clean: Natural Cleaning Outside Your Home
Green and Clean: Natural Cleaning in Bedrooms and Bathrooms

No comments:

Post a Comment