Friday, April 4, 2014

No fun for me

My right knee has arthritis, and it chose today to go all ouchy. Yay me, there went my plans for after I got home. So I'm working on indoors homestead projects instead. Goodness knows, I still have a humongous list of those things to do, too. Cutting wood and clearing trash while waiting to be able to order some seeds and maybe get in a SMALL garden this year is just the tip of the iceberg around here, lol.

Patterns to work up and write out so they can be put up as Kindle books and sold. Other books to write up and get on the Kindle platform for sale. (If you think I love to write, you are correct!) My seed list to finish wishlisting on Amazon, so I know what I'm getting when the money I have coming for buying stuff rolls in in a couple of weeks. Ditto books I want. Ditto music. Ditto movies and TV shows on DVD. (That wishlist is gonna be HUGE when I'm done, which will proabably be the tenth of never, lol.) Knitting to do on the latest afghan. Stuff to list on Etsy and Bonanza to sell. Food-grade plastic barrels to buy so they can be made into half barrels for planting in, plus the compost/soil/what have you to grow in has to get in there - aka, a good way to use up some of the humanure compost we have laying around, literally. A good thing about a sawdust toilet, you get lots of compostable material to work with, around 8-10 gallons of stuff a week. It wouldn't be quite THAT much, but Quentin likes to make sure there's a VERY clean bed in the toity for the next person, so he puts in a LOT of sawdust.

I'm still undecided on tomorrow as far as my hiking shoes. I only owe $40 and they are paid off and can come home with me. Last week's checks being so short, I skipped a payment last week (no biggie, as long as you pay something once a month, they will hold your footgear), so this week would have been the payoff anyhow. But I also really want to get that extendo grabber thing from Ace Hardware in Harrison tomorrow for $20, which would help clear up the small stuff in the yard faster, since I wouldn't have to break my back to pick it all up. However, if I do both, it might cut us a bit short till next payday. And Quentin already cut us short enough, spending nearly $50 on vent shields for the van that we really don't need, but he wanted them, and got them without talking to me about it. I hate supposedly being in charge of the finances and then having stuff like that just sprung on me. I do not like surprises anyhow, and financial ones least of all. But at least now he won't whine about wanting them.

Sorry I'm a bit snarky tonight. I hurt, the new lead is still being a pill and has even more of the team cheesed off than yesterday, and pretty much everybody now wants off the team and to work elsewhere. Considering that most of the plant had the day off for a USDA-instituted no-kill day (the birds were coming in too small, they really need to grow out a bit more), it was kind of odd to be there without the rest of the department working. X-ray had to go in to run overwork from another plant that had to get it run or throw it out. Guess who got it trucked to them to run? Yeah, MY plant. Though I won't gripe too much about not getting a 3-day weekend like Quentin is getting. I get a five-day check out of it.

Tomorrow ought to be better, as it's the weekend and errands day and if the weather holds good, I'm getting out to do either some cleaning up or some firewood cutting. Or maybe both. It depends on what time we get done with everything. So for now, it's off to find books, while watching Smudge. He's laying at my feet as I snuggle in bed (it's chilly and I worked in the cold all day) and twitching his paws in his dreams. Hugs, all!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


21 Classic Italian - Vegetable Side Dish Recipes To Compliment Your Main Dish!
Crochet Rag Rugs Basic Pattern Collection
Headband - Quick and Easy Knitting Pattern
Brownie Value Pack - 101 Brownie Recipes - Brownies, Blondies and Bar Dessert Recipes (The Brownie Recipe and Dessert Recipes Collection)
28 Delicious Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes: Chilies, Soups, Stews And Side Dishes
Darling Buds: a shawl to knit
Italian Holiday Cookie Tray - Best Homemade Biscotti & Cookie Recipes For All Occasions!
21 Italian Slow Cooker Recipes - VOLUME 2 - Easy Dinner Recipes For Your Slow Cooker (Pasta, Beef, Pork, Chicken, Veal, Soups, and Stews Recipes) (21 Classic Italian)
Worm Farming: Everything You Need to Know To Setting up a Successful Worm Farm
Vertical Gardening: What You Need to Know to Grow Organic Vegetables and Fruits for Your Family
How to kill Slugs: From Beer traps to Nemotodes; methods to eliminate slugs and snails from your house and garden.
30 Assorted Doughnuts You Can Easily Make at Home: Learn to Make Delicious Doughnuts From Things in Your Pantry!

No comments:

Post a Comment