Saturday, April 19, 2014

LONG day!

We left home at 9AM this morning, and it's nearly 930PM as I sit down to write. So no books tonight, because honestly, by the time I get them found and all, it would be close to 11PM before they would be done and ready to post. So I'm going to have to skip them for tonight, my apologies to all the folks who look forward to them. I'll do a double-day tomorrow, because, being Ostara (Easter to most folks), we are not going anywhere, other than hubby hauling our RedBox movies back to the kiosk.

And today was an incredibly long day. So much got done. We would have been home a lot earlier, barring that our landlords needed us to help them with a couple of things, so that was several hours we weren't here. But on top of those things, laundry, groceries (and pricing out supplies for a few money-making ideas I have), Race Brothers for sawdust for the sawdust toity and a cheap find that gave me a big happy, and then Home Depot for a few things.

The happy? I spent a couple bucks on some tomato plants!! Race Brothers had some plants, mostly hybrids, which I refuse to get because I can't save seeds from them. Now, they did have Roma Tomatoes, but I wanted beefsteaks. I hunted and actually found a four-pack of ARKANSAS TRAVELER!!!!! So of course, when we got to Home Depot, I got a large planter and some soil for them. There's a small but six inch or so deep little wading pool still laying out back of the trailer that's never gotten hauled off or anything, and in a few weeks, when I have more soil to put in it, I'm going to tip them out of the plant and "repot" them into the kiddie pool so they have room to sprawl.

However, there are a few other things that are a bit more practical right now to accomplish, because it's not like the maters are going to be big enough to bloom any time soon anyhow. They're maybe six inches tall at most right now, so there's a bit of play for them till I have to have them in more room. We got the pruning saw we need to help trim and limb faster and easier than the little hand saw will do (especially for bigger limbs off the BIG trees Quentin keeps bringing down), but we still need to grab my little grabber thingy to pick up small stuff off the ground (a lot easier than blasted well picking it up by bending over all the time), and the bailer bucket to put together for the well. The last, even if the water is only good enough for watering a garden, and if I can get enough water out of it easily, will make things a lot easier for a lot of what I want to get done.

So yay me, for all that's been able to get done today, but boohoo that I don't get to find a bunch of books for you guys!!!!! Oh well, such is life when you have a homestead. You don't always get to do what you want to do when you want to do it, or how you want to do it. Night folks, I'm pooped, and I still have to stay up for hours yet, because I need to learn to stay up later than I'm used to so I can be ready for Monday, woohoo!!!! Catch you guys on the flip side tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment