Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Leafiness!!!!

The green things are starting to bud out all over the place here on the mountain. It's so pretty. I love spring green, like from the crayon box. Such a lovely color, so full of life and promise. And this year promises to be a good one, with two incomes, the farmstead income starting to pick up a tiny bit (okay, so $86 last month isn't a lot, but it's better than the nothing the month before), and all is generally well.

The new lead is going to be getting a talking-to from HR. I won't go into details because by policy, things like that are confidential, but let's just say that she's going far enough out of her way to break policy in ways that can be construed as harassment if not outright discrimination, as well as doing things that are unsanitary, that she's liable to get a written writeup in her employee jacket at best.

Anyhow, nuff bout work. Got home, with sore feet (did I mention yet that I hate breaking in new footwear? and these being sturdy hiking shoes, they are taking some serious breaking in), but managed to get the car cleared out of what had to come in and get that all indoors. Just before it started to rain again. It had rained off and on all day, stopped for a bit when I got off work and headed home, and then started up again. Now that it's too dark out to see anything, naturally it stops, lol! Sometimes I think if it weren't for bad luck trying to get things done around here, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

On the other hand, when I was at Home Depot the other day, I did find a little knock-together four-shelf starter greenhouse for $30 that I am going to have to hunt down once things get a bit better in shape because if I can't get seedlings this year to get something in (and save a bit of time while storing up bought seeds for next year), then I am going to have to protect tender seedlings from critters for a while till I can put them into buckets and other containers that will hopefully help keep the critters out of the garden patch! Not likely, considering the wildlife here, but one can hope. (Marigolds help a lot, too, along with homemade Deer Scram, lol. I am not one to leave things like that to chance.)

It's rather quiet tonight now that it's stopped raining. It's not far enough into the year that the crickets and all are out all night chirping, and the boys have decided that a serious game of Catball is in order, so they are snuggled up and snoozing on the foot of the bed. Again. The weather lately is good for Catball, it seems, though later, just about the time I'm trying to go to sleep, it will be time for "talking" and WWK (World Wrestling Kitties). Such is my life, lol. I read a few weeks ago that if we all stopped and talked about our lives and what we do for fun, we'd all seem kiind of boring. I look back at some of my writings of late and think just how boring I must seem to some people. I'm excited by work, by rain, by a nice sunset, by knitting, reading, writing, putting away laundry, taking out the trash and burning it, doing the dishes, ... All such simple, mundane things that bring me peace and joy and happiness.

With that, as my cousin Kim likes to say, Namaste. Hugs, all. I'll find you some books, then I think I'll join the boys in Catball. (Personball for me.)

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Country Baking and Desserts (Delicious Mini Book)
Favorite Soup Recipes: Easy Soup Recipes to Warm Your Soul
Vegan Slow Cooker: Easy, Healthy, Delicious Recipes for Busy People
Paleo Freezer: Delicious, Fix & Freeze, Gluten-Free, Paleo Recipes for Busy People (Paleo Diet Solution Series)
Home Grown Peppers: Beginners Guide To Growing Peppers & Chili
Easy Cookie Recipes: Favorite Homemade Cookies and Bars Recipes (Bakery Cooking Series)
30 Gluten Free Breakfast Recipes - Simple And Easy Gluten Free Breakfast Recipes (Gluten Free Recipes, Gluten Free Breakfast, Gluten Free Cookbook)
100 Best Paleo Recipes: A Combination of Four Great Paleo Recipes Books (4 Books) (Paleo Diet Cookbook)

No comments:

Post a Comment