Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Ouch

It's been one of those days, hard work at work and just as hard when I got home. We found out who the new lead is for breast line today, and while she's a sweetie, I'm sure, she's got a lot to learn to run the line. I'm going to miss some of the people I work with now, when my transfer to second shift finally takes place - probably a couple of weeks yet on that.

But something did happen today that was both gross and funny. Gross in that our floor drain in breast line got clogged up. so when they took the cover off, it was pretty nasty looking. They finally got maintenace out with a drain snake to unclog it, which meant we had two supervisors, two floor boys (aka janitors) and two maintenance guys standing around going, "Yep, it's clogged!" Reminds me of a few months ago when we had a safety meeting with our supervisor, who was telling us, among other things, where our emergency evacuation assembly point is outside. Breast line's isn't overly far from the building, across from the gate by the main gas lines. This is beyond brilliant, isn't it folks? "Hey, look, the building's on fire and going to explode. Let's go stand by the gas lines!" *eye roll* Sometimes, I really wonder about the intelligence of some of the people I work with.

Get home, I'm stiff and sore, but feeling really good. And there's this stray black cat roaming around the yard that I have to chase off because he's driving the boys crazy. Both of them were sitting in the window, hissing and growling and screaming all kinds of kitty imprecations at him. I think my use of the "midget cricket" helped, too, as well as me being outside, but I got a good lot of the big brush pile I pulled down next to the drive last week knocked into either burnable junk or into logs for the woodpile. Whee!!! There's still so much small scrub and deadfall to go through yet, it sometimes seems like I'll never get it caught up and done. but every little bit I get done is a little bit less that has to get done.

Seed list is just about done. With all the things I do that make a few bucks via Amazon gift certificates, it seems like earning the money to buy stuff won't be much of an issue, thank goodness. But I need to find some books for you guys and get rid of the headache I'm developing, so I'll close for now. Hugs till tomorrow, y'all!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Gluten-Free Desserts: Quick and Easy Delicious Desserts
Hearty Slow Cooker Soups & Stews
The Slow Cooker Soup Cookbook
Crochet a Pair of Women's Leisure Slippers - A Vintage Pair of Crochet Slippers Pattern
100 Delicious Paleo Recipes - Simple and Easy Paleo Recipes (Quick and Easy Paleo Recipes)
The Slow Cooker Dessert Cookbook
Food Preservation & Storage at Home - A Step by Step Guide to Canning, Pickling, Dehydrating, Freezing & Safely Storing Food for Later Use
Easy Homemade Bread: 50 simple and delicious recipes (Bakery Cooking Series)
The Best Amish Dessert Recipes
50 Delicious Pumpkin Dessert Recipes - Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Cookies, Pumpkin Muffins and More (The Ultimate Pumpkin Desserts Cookbook - The Delicious Pumpkin Desserts and Pumpkin Recipes Collection)
New Natural Cleaners Guide
Grandma's Kitchen
Gluten Free Cupcakes - Fabulous Gluten Free Dessert Recipes (Gluten Free Cookbook - The Gluten Free Recipes Collection)

No comments:

Post a Comment