Saturday, December 27, 2014

Baby, it's cold outside!

And it's going to be chilly for several days, likely a full week. The house, however, is nice and cozy, so I'm not bothered by the temps, other than when we leave for work and while at work. For some reason, they keep it even colder in production than absolutely necessary, and everybody freezes. I'm not in too bad a shape because I wear heavy jeans like most people, plus several shirts in order to trap layers of heat next to me.

The cats are enjoying the comfort, especially the girls  The boys are used to being indoors, so the temps outside don't mean a thing to them. The girls, having been outside for so long, are used to it to some extent, but I find it funny that they won't even go near the door now. Tink did once, a few weeks ago, when it was raining, got her head wet, shook it, and turned around to come back in, as if to say, "The heck with THAT. I'm staying where it's DRY!"

Mom's lap quilt is well into the last butterfly, finally, and that means a new travel project soon. I'm happy about that, because I'm really tired of some people at work being offended that I won't let them grab at it, because they "just want to look at it!" I'm offended at their rudeness and grubby fingers all over my fine needlework. There's one spot ON the quilt top, near the edge thank goodness, from the last gal who grabbed at it. I can hide it with the seam and binding, but I shouldn't have to hide anything. Some people just need to learn manners.

I'm working hard on getting pictures and descriptions and such together for things to sell on the standalone website once I get it going. It means a lot of hours of work putting it all in, but I'm willing to deal with that. I have a couple choices for an e-commerce setup. One I'm fond of, but it doesn't integrate with Amazon payments like I'd like it to do, but it has many of the features I like and I've seen the back end demo, which works well for me. That one's OSCommerce. The other, Magento, integrates with Amazon Payments (so folks can pay with Amazon info and login with Amazon without leaving my store, leading to more sales), but I'm not overly fond of the backend. It seems a bit complex for me to deal with. I've got time to figure it out, though.

However, to make up for having Wednesday off, we have to work today, so it's off to get ready for me! Hugs, all!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment