Thursday, December 25, 2014

Happy Christmas!

It's been a lovely day, in spite if it being green and brown, rather than white. I got hubby some car care stuff for the truck, a collection of hot sauces in trial sizes, and a soup mug. He really liked the soup mug, because he eats a lot of soup with his teeth in the condition they are in (can't WAIT for spring so we can see about getting them worked on and getting him his dentures!), so he can now heat his soup in the mug in the microwave and eat it in a bowl/giant mug that will stay hot, and keep his soup hot, for longer.

He got me no yarn, darn it. But I did get a couple of big jar candles, the original Star Trek Movie, a horsie calendar, a votive holder with three cups in it, and an electric can opener! The last is probably my favorite, because while I love using manual openers since they work even if the power is out, my arthritis in my hands and wrists is just starting to get to the point that a stubborn can is difficult to open even with a new one. I'll still keep my manual opener for power outages until we're completely off-grid, though, and probably even then. I'm just that crazy for manual gadgets in the kitchen.

The big goodie for this year was our new microwave. The old one was a yard sale pickup anyhow, and we've used it hard for almost 3 1/2 years (we got it right after we moved into our last place). The motor was starting to go, so it was time the poor thing got a decent burial. It's going in the trailer for the next scrap haul, along with my toaster, which decided this morning that it only wanted to work on one side. Toasting now requires toasting, turning the bread and retoasting. *shrug* At least the old microwave held out this long! We sure used the heck out of it the last couple of years!

Still have one butterfly and a bit of backstitching on the next-to-last one to do and the top of Mom's lap quilt is done and the thing will be ready for assembly and all the other stuff so it can be wrapped, packed and shipped. Yes, I AM going to wrap it in Christmas paper for her! So as it's almost time to start supper (we are having what hubby calls "spit at Eddie," aka spaghetti) for dinner, I am off here until tomorrow. Hugs, all.

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment