Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Sleepy day

I really don't want to get up and moving. I'm tired. I ache. Yesterday was a bugger and I hope to goodness I never have to do THAT special order again. Tenders usually isn't bad, even for dicing. This special order was large dice. No biggie. The order required we send them through only two tenders at a time. No real big deal, other than it slowed things down considerably. The big problem was that we supposedly could only send them through tops first, which made it extremely complicated. Seriously, who thinks up this stuff and says, "Sure, our people can do that!" without thinking ahead about just how fast we really have to work. I have about half a second to look at each tender and determine if it's good, has a bone, has a dangly part hanging from a bad pull off the carcase, etc. when you have to do extra stuff on top of that, you get behind rather quickly. So it was a crappy day for the most part, and I was so glad when we finished that special order.

Nearly done with butterfly #7 on Mom's lap quilt, so I can then get busy working on the assembly, basting, quilting and binding. With any luck, I can have it done in time for a late Christmas/more or less on time birthday present. Next up, a pair of baby bibs that will be for sale, or maybe a small sampler type thing that will also be for sale. Those are travel/waiting at work so hubby can get us there early to socialize projects. My knitting and crochet are going to end up being strictly at home projects for the most part. The MAM afghan is a split project, as I can do the first four rounds on the go, but the joining round has to be done at home. Hauling that thing around as it grows would just be a bit much. On the other hand, thing like more socks will be easy enough to haul around as they are quite portable, and I need several more pairs. I'll probably go with something simple for those as they are being done with worsted weight acrylic, but I have to work with it before I can knit with it. By that, I mean I get to sit and strip out a strand of the yarn to take it from 4-ply to 3-ply to make it light enough to knit with. Unless I can afford to buy myself a crapload of sock yarn between now and then, as acrylic doesn't hold it's shape as well and can be rather hot. But my feet need to be warm at work.

However, it's time for a book hunt, so I'm off!!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment