Thursday, December 18, 2014

Some days, I just don't want to get up

Wake up, yes. Get up and go to work, no. My body is not feeling the love of a steady job and paycheck right now. I'm sore and didn't sleep well (thank you shirttail brother-in-law on first shift who thinks it's okay to text me at 730AM to ask how my night at work went and WAKE ME UP). The only love I'm feeling is that of a day in bed sleeping, which ain't gonna happen.

There's not just work. There's chores that had to be done as well. Cat boxes cleaned, dishes put away, wood stacked. There's half a day's work right there. Sitting down to breakfast and my blogging is about the easiest part of my whole day, haha! Generally, all the homestead chores have to be done before we can head to work, because that's the daylight we have available to do things in, which isn't much, since work starts about the time that daylight for the day ends. So we lose some daylight anyhow. Kind of grinds my beans about that a bit, but it is what it is for now. But like hubby and I talked about on the way in, one day, I'll be definitely back on first shift, because I'll have to be up to either hit the farmer's markets with our stuff and/or open our little greenstore (which is likely to be in a small Derksen cabin so it looks nice and welcoming - plus has that porch rail to hang flower boxes on or drape quilts and afghans over to get folks to stop and peek at things).

Speaking of quilts, Mom's lap quilt is nearly ready for assembly, basting and quilting! Just over 1 1/2 butterflies to go, because last night, while watching one of my shows on the computer after supper, I grabbed it and stitched for a bit again. Thank goodness for my little lighted magnifier I hang around my neck. I am aiming to get myself a floor lamp style one soon, but this works in the meantime in low light stitching situations. But for now, it's pull together for work in about an hour or so ... urgh!!! I'm off to relax with some gaming before heading to work. Hugs, all!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment