Tuesday, December 16, 2014

COLD

It's a chilly day here on the farmstead, and I'm okay with that. Cool weather is nice weather for sitting under a warm blanket and working on all kinds of things. Only problem is, it's chilly enough that I'll potentially have to take Mom's lap quilt into work with me, into the breakroom. As long as the truck cab's warm enough, I'm sitting out there to work on it, because I'm just plain tired of folks walking up and grabbing at it to look at it, as if I don't care about them getting their grubby hands on it. Seriously, show some manners. I have two butterflies left, and the finishing work. Soon as the butterflies are done, that sucker's staying home to get worked on, because it'll have to go in the quilting hoop anyhow. Yeah, I know, I'm crochety about it. You would be too, if someone came along and started grabbing at what you're working on that's important to you, and messing it up.

On the other hand, I'm getting a bit of extra time to work on things, with work being what it is for the winter. Folks eat less chicken in the cold weather, so second shift plant hours are a bit short, though not much. Give it a few weeks, when weather starts warming up and folks are hauling the grills out, and hours will increase again for us on second shift. I'm not complaining about the hours, though, as it's nice for a short time to get off at a reasonable hour instead of being exhausted all the time. There are times I wish I was still on first shift, but then again, there's the shift premium for second, second gets the overtime, it's easier to do appointments without taking a point or scheduling way after work, etc. (Though I really do miss getting more done around here ... I might go back to first once this winter's over ... I'm not THAT fond of second shift.)

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment