Friday, December 19, 2014

It's not looking like Christmas

And while I like a little bit of snow, the white stuff can stay in the northern climes as far as I'm concerned. Less than an inch of the white stuff on The Big Day will please me and be enough for me for a whole winter. I'd rather have rain. At least I don't have to shovel that, and it doesn't mess up the roads. I almost can't wait for next week. Christmas is almost here, and if I can find it at Big Lots, if they still have any, I want to get hubby a set of Louisiana Hot Sauces in those little trial bottles. They had a ton of that kind of stuff a couple weeks ago, but that was the last time I was in there, and I didn't have enough in the shopping money at that point to get them and the rest of what I got him. We do Christmas on the cheap, that's for sure. I got him car stuff, a big soup mug, his early present of the plushy fleece blanket, and I want to get him those hot sauces, too. We need to get something for the furkids this weekend, and I know he's gotten me a few things, including my early present of a giant jar candle in raspberry something scent. (He knows my addictions well - books/Amazon, crafts, yarn, candles, lol.)

I made a lot of progress on Mom's lap quilt yesterday, because I was not only able to get my usual time in before work, while sitting in the truck, but I was able to get Hulu to behave last night so I was able to watch the last episode of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." before bed, while doing some stitching on the darn butterfly with all the partial stitches in it. It is the only one so far I can honestly say I will be rather happy when it's done. The rest were, "Cool, one more down, on to the next!" I can hardly wait to see what this looks like when it's complete.

In short, life is good, homesteading is a lot of hard work but so much fun, and overall, I'm glad it's Friday and the last day of the work week!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment