Tuesday, December 30, 2014

End of year cold snap

It's really cold outside. I'm wishing I didn't have to go to work at all for about a month, but that ain't happening, lol. I just hope today goes better than yesterday. Things were crazy in my section, and hubby had to wait for me for an HOUR after the lines got done so we could go home. He was about to get fresh gear on enough to come in and find me and tell the GPM he was taking me home, end of story. I wouldn't have blamed him, as we spent most of that last hour standing around doing diddly-squat. But today is the last workday of the year, then I get two days off to recuperate a bit from the creeping crud everybody gets all the time (it's hard not to, working in a cold environment all day - hence why we call it "line flu" - you have most of the symptoms of flu, but not enough to keep you home sick). As chilly as it is, and with me not feeling completely up to par, we've already decided that unless it's necessary, like for food, I am spending the next two days in bed, under covers, with the laptop and my needlework. About the most exciting thing I might do is grab one of the empty small totes from the front bedroom and put my winter needlework into it so it's neater in the closet instead of all just stuffed into a corner. I might find a few moments of feeling okay to clean out the corner of the bedroom near the mini-dresser as well, and get rid of some stuff that way, because it's a bit of a mess. Mostly, I think I'll watch movies and my TV shows on the computer and relax with needlework. Stuff ain't getting done by itself!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment