Friday, December 26, 2014

Back to work!

Well, here it is Friday, and for some reason, they have us working tomorrow as well. Probably to make up for Wednesday as an off day, which is fine, but that is sure going to make Sunday a bit of a nightmare, with having to split up and do everything in one day plus try to get a bit of relaxation time in.

I may have eaten a bit too much yesterday at dinner, as I got a bit of a tummyache after, which Pepto Bismol didn't solve. So at bedtime, it was my old standby of a hot cup of mint tea. I really like my new microwave for making a quick cuppa. Instead of nearly three minutes, it was two. I know, a minute isn't much in general, but when you're not feeliing well, and need that tea, a minute is a lifetime.

But the two days off was a blessing to work on Mom's lap quilt, because I not only got that stupid butterfly with all the partial stitches done, but got a healthy start on the very last one. Mom didn't get the one completed for Aunt Liz, and so bought her something for Christmas, and doesn't know what to do with it. Their "anniversary" of when they met and became pretty much instant friends is in a few weeks, right around Mom's birthday, and I think it would be cool to finish it for that. Mom said she has the top done, but has the rest to do. She's gotten ahead of me, darn it! But she does have more time than I do to stitch on things, though I can't wait to get this finished so I can send it up to her. I know she'll get a kick out of the backstory on it.

But for now, it's time to do homestead chores (the furkids are all fed already, as that is done first thing before I even get dressed) and get ready to head to work for my shift. Hugs, all!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment