Monday, December 15, 2014

Late fall weather

It's not officially winter till this weekend, when Yule is here on the 21st, and it's comfortably cool but not too much so. However, the rain last night could have been a little less ridiculous. It poured buckets and gusted up to 30mph at times. Not my idea of good sleeping weather. Speaking of sleeping, I have to redo the bed again. I have a tossy hubby, and when it comes to blankets, it's a good thing that we have plenty and I don't usually need many, because he manages to steal the good majority of them, especially the afghans!

I didn't get much done yesterday, as the weather made me too sleepy to do a lot of anything other than, well ... sleep. Guess I needed the rest! I got a good look at Raffles last night, as she and Tinkerbell have started being a bit more social at night. They like to come down and play with my shoes. Apparently, Tink thinks I am hers along with Bouncer and Smudge, because she rubs her face all over my shoes, marking me/them as hers. Raffles just likes being a kitten and playing with my shoelaces. I noticed Raffles last night is almost as big as Tink now. She's certainly filled out being indoors, and grown a lot!

I found out a while back that my daughter is moving out from Mom's, where she stays for college. She's got a regular part-time job, and has a second one for now, plus classes ... and she and a friend are moving the weekend after Christmas. The deposit's paid, the short-term lease is signed, etc., and she's excited about it. We all think it will be good for her and Mom. DD will be about a ten minutes walk from campus and work, so if she forgets something, she can dash back to her apartment  for it. If the weather or roads are not too great, she can walk to campus so Mom doesn't have to drive in crappy weather. And since DD often has things going on until the wee hours, it also means Mom, with her bad night vision, doesn't have to be out and about after dark, in the middle of the night, since the busses aren't running. It also potentially helps Mom get some old household stuff out of the basement which I stored there when I moved to Arkansas, because the youngsters can have it. LOTS of kitchen stuff that just needs some elbow grease to clean it up. Dishes, flatware, utensils, glassware, pots, pans, baking dishes, dish drainers. I think there's some hot pads and dishcloths, too. So if they want the stuff, their kitchen will be pretty well set.

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment