Monday, December 8, 2014

Yay, tis Monday

Two weeks and a half to Christmas and I think I'm ready. I have to get DD's present mailed to her, and Mom's is nowhere near complete so it will be late. Hubby's stuff is ready barring wrapping - if I even do that. We usually don't bother with wrapping, and just hand each other stuff, lol. No decorating this year again, but I finally understand why hubby doesn't want to. It's not that there's no little ones to decorate for. It was his mother's favorite time of year and she loved doing a lot of decorating for it. I'll just have to wear him down, reminding him it's mine, too, and eventually get Christmas rolling again like it's supposed to go in my family!

Yesterday was a disaster in some ways because so much of what we wanted to get done didn't, due to having to help the landlords move. *shaking my head* A lot of time was wasted due to all the griping about what should be moved when and how it should go on the truck and trailer, and etc. My best move was to stay in the truck and out of the way, helping watch for traffic and keep the guy's tempers in check. While they got things together before we left, such as hooking up the trailer, I took care of the cat boxes and put away laundry, because otherwise, we were going to be living out of the laundry basket all week.

I am glad I stayed in the truck. Apparently, our landlords are not the best of housekeepers, as JJ mentioned having to stomp on empty soda cans to walk around to the other end of the couch to move it out. One load, when we got to their new place, hubby found a mouse on the darn stuff! There's a flock of chickens at their new place, and hubby grabbed the mouse by the tail and threw it off the truck into the weeds near the chickens, who went nuts for it. A WWE-style fight between the chickens ensued, which was pretty funny to watch. I almost felt sorry for the mouse, because it didn't last long. I am glad that it's over, though, and we can get back to what is normal around here.

That means more crafting, more putting by, more clearing stuff up and metal scrapping from all the stuff around here that's literally laying on the ground as we find it from clearing brush. And it also means work, and since today is Monday, that means back to work for us. So I'm off to find books to share with y'all, and get my happy self together for work. Hugs, all!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment