Thursday, December 11, 2014

I need a vacation

Things are so busy, here and at work, that I'm completely whipped. I've got arthritis aching, and a fibro flare from Satan's demense that is killing me for energy. The amount of energy I've got is just not enough to get me through everything, and while I wish it was, wishing doesn't make it better.

Serioiusly, there's stuff to cut down in the way of junk brush and dead wildflowers that needs burning. There's good wood to cut for the woodpile. There's trash to burn. There's scrap metal to pick up or yank off the Merlot and run to the scrap yard. And that's just the outside chores. Never mind cleaning the house, getting some needlework done, and writing that's not getting done very quickly, and you have a recipe for too much to do and too little time already, even before work gets tossed into the mix.

I think adulthood sucks. I want to stay home and get stuff done outside, then come in, make cocoa, and snuggle under a warm blanket with my needlework and have the TV on for background racket while I putz around with my stitchery. Is that really too much to ask? Apparently so, because in order for bills to get paid, I gotta work on SOMETHING that brings in a steady paycheck for a good while longer. Thus, I need a vacation. Now, I get Christmas and New Year's off, which will help, but then nothing after that unless I take a sick day until late April at the earliest. This is going to be a long slog to get to my anniversary holiday, Memorial Day, birthday holiday and vacation days, along with 4th of July and Labor Day to get me through the summer next year. Oh, says others, it's only four months till your anniversary date at work again. Right now, that feels like four months too many, haha. I need a nap before work today, so bye till tomorrow. Hugs, all!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment