Sunday, February 8, 2015

Another great day

Considering it's February, it's amazing to have temps today in the high 60Fs again. Got some wood cut, trash burnt, shower done, and the usual house chores like the cat boxes. Also getting quite a bit done on the store stuff, and while pages are loading for me to download all the things I need to have (graphics and etc.), I sit and work on Mom's lap quilt, which is down to not quite two sides left to finish on the outermost round of stitching, then it's just seaming the edges and binding and I can finally send her extremely late Christmas present up to her!

My daughter and her roommate had a scare today, not long after I got off the phone with my Mom for our usual weekend conversation. Part of the ceiling in their apartment had a crack in it, which the landlord and they knew about. Nobody thought it was that bad. So the kids are sitting down to dinner, and BAM, a chunk of their ceiling fell down! The landlord's already contacted and will be out tomorrow to fix it for them.

I've got all but one piece of paper for my taxes, yay me. Between royalties from my few books on the Kindle, and some other online things, I have a couple of 1099s coming to me. It's okay though, as I have plenty to write off against it. I had to buy the new laptop last year, and there's the internet here at the house which is mostly for business, so I can write that off against my self-employment income. It's not nearly enough to live on by any stretch, unless I want to starve 51 weeks a year, haha, but it's a start.

For now, though, it's time to get some dinner together. I'm making spaghetti. I haven't made it for a few weeks, and I'm getting a craving for it again. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment