Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Long nights are gonna kill me

It was 3AM again when we got done again. We were supposed to be done by 2AM, so goodness only knows where the extra hour came in. Don't get me wrong, I love my job most days, but this much overtime is going to kill me. We've had a lot of people quit because of all the overtime. It's ridiculous. We went from 8 hours a day to 9 1/2, with no warning, and it's annoying. For me, last night was half great and half awful.

One of the three lines on breast line was broken to beyond repair, so I got moved to one of the cone lines to pull tenders. It was supposed to be all night, but nope, only till lunch as it turned out. For some reason, even though I wasn't needed, I got hauled back to boobs. That kind of bit, as the cone lines move a bit slower, so I was keeping up with no problem. I had fun. I'd like to go back to the lines, even though it would cramp heck out of my hands for a few weeks, but it's extra money and more fun. So going back to boobs, being on bare concrete for several hours trimming, really didn't feel all that great. I was NOT happy.

The store isn't that great looking, in that it's a default template, but it works. I'm still working on a few things, I just don't quite know what does what. What is good about OpenCart is that a lot of the things you'd have to go into cpanel to edit files to do in OSCommerce (my other choice for store setup), you can do in OpenCart's admin. Added a product and want to meta tag it? There's a box for that right in the add product stuff. Want to do an about us page, or policies, or shipping information? There are places in OpenCart to do that, and you can do simple editing on them as far as bold, underline, italic, text font and size, etc. Want to have a list of "brands?" Go to that portion of the admin and add a brand, and it will show up in the list of brands on the store itself. Want folks to find a product by brand? Just choose the right brand when you're adding the product. SO much easier than other cart options. Not the most glamorous-looking, but I do like functionality!

So anyhow, considering hubby is about out the door, I'm laying down for a bit of a nap before I eat and pull together for work. Time for a tiny bit of relaxation before I go get clobbered again. Goodness knows, I worked my butt off last night on the store when I got home as far as getting info for some new products to add soon, so I can afford a nap. (Really should work on those bittorrents, too, but I'm wiped. Urgh. It's a nap or caffeine! Maybe both.)

No comments:

Post a Comment