Sunday, February 15, 2015

Brrr

It's awful chilly out. Mid-20sF for the temp, with the "feels like" temp about 15F. The house is reasonably comfortable, so that's good. I have plenty to do, and that's also good. And of course, all the kitties are happily ensconced indoors somewhere, so they are out of the nasty weather. Bouncer and Smudge don't go out anyhow, other than Bouncer occasionally getting a walk like a dog in good weather, but Tinkerbell and Raffles haven't even gone near the door except to play with a toy since I lured them inside. I knew it likely meant kittens because hubby was adamant at the time about NOT neutering Bouncer (apparently, it somehow would affect HIS manhood to have the cats nuts cut), but I was willing to deal with it and the possibility of a crapton of cats because there was no way that I was letting those two stay outdoors as cold as the fall was already. Worth it though, with the five from Tink, which are cute as can be and starting to play now.

Overall life's not going too badly, and the webstore is likely to be finished up in the next day or two. If I didn't want to add in a few nice extensions like a FB store and social sharing apps, it would be done in a few more hours. I do like how OpenCart allows pretty much everything to be edited from inside the cart admin panel, rather than having to go and edit it all through file manager and the actual HTML like OSCommerce. I'm good at hard coding, but that is a pain in the butt, because you don't know right off if you've done it right. With OpenCart, it's just fill in the blank, click save, and poof, you're done.

I do have a lot to get done today other than work on that, though. I have litter boxes to clean, trash to get together so it can be burnt when hubby gets back from doing laundry and water run (we skipped them yesterday to have our Valentine's "date"), and dishes to do, plus we both need showers for work. Those are going to be cold ... well, the bathroom will be, though the water sure will feel nice. And I have a lot of TV to watch, and needlework to do, and movies to watch, so it's going to be a busy day no matter what I do or don't get done! I also need to get business cards ordered from VistaPrint this week so I can start passing them out like Halloween candy. I need to get more of the finished stuff I have lying around here photographed so I can put that up in the webstore. As much stuff as I am going to have in the store, a standalone site has become a necessity so I don't have a $50 bill from Etsy every month just for listing fees! So, with all that, there's things to get done. Hugs, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment