Thursday, February 19, 2015

Road still not plowed

As of this morning, our mountain road is still not plowed. So I called the road department. The plow "maybe got pulled off for an emergency?" OK, so they plowed the county road we feed into two days ago, and the driver couldn't get back here because of an emergency elsewhere that lasted two days that nobody's heard about? REALLY? THAT IS YOUR EXCUSE? I gave her what for, nicely, but what for. Told her where we work, that the road is a sheet of ice and ain't nobody getting up or down without 4x4 and even then they darn near have to go in the ditch to avoid the ice, and WE have to walk over a mile from our truck to get home. UPHILL. Also that I'm 46 years old with a crappy heart, so there is no way I should be doing this kind of walking. Heck, I have to ride with hubby right now or I can't get to work, because I can't get my car out!

Though last night was a nightmare. They kept us till 3AM at work, so by the time we got home, parked and walked up, it was 430AM before we got in the door. My legs are still sore. I wish I could just say screw it and leave the plant permanent, but it's going to be a while yet. I can but hope that it's not too much longer, because I'm not physically comfortable doing that anymore. It's a great job, overall, just my body is too worn out for it with my health issues. Even for someone with my age, as long as they don't have major health issues, the job's not hard, other than being on your feet all the time. So I made a point last night to work on adding another thing to the store, even though I wanted to collapse.

I still want to. I'm so tired from the walking that it is not funny. But the worst of this is only supposed to last for about two weeks total, and compared to last years almost three months of unrelenting bad weather, this is a cake walk. So I'm off to get a couple things done and pull my happy butt together for work. Hugs, all - be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment