Monday, February 2, 2015

Internet woes for me

My internet has been a butt today. I actually had to call tech support, which is highly unusual for me. I've been using computers since DOS, so I can save tech support loads of time trying all the usual crap. This had the tech guy in giggles, since he didn't have to do anything other than have his stuff check their equipment before telling me what to do. Being able to explain that you've already tried restarting the modem, you're connected directly to it, you've done this, that and the other and it ain't working saves a lot of hassle for me and them. But it is working again, so that's a blessing, because no internet means I can't work on my eventual storefront.

On the other hand, I did sort of watch football last night. Found a series on youtube from Frontline about the NFL and the whole concussion denial thing, and watched that while doing some crocheting on the MAM afghan. Three more strips to start so I can then do all the round twos, threes, fours, and joining rounds so it's done. There won't be a lot of drape to it along the sides of the bed, but considering I sleep more in the middle anyhow, it doesn't matter. I may take the time to work on a border for it, but I'm still debating that.

Back to work today, which isn't going to be fun, but has to be done. Honestly, I'm having more fun working on the business than I have working at my J.O.B.!!! I know there are a whole heck of a lot of people who have regular jobs and absolutely love theirs, or who at least can tolerate them without wishing they were doing something else (maybe the same thing, just not where they are doing it), but I've got entrepreneurs up the wazoo in my family, and other successful people who are happy doing what they do. My Mom had her own business for 26 years until she retired last year, and loved it. I have a cousin who works for McDonald's, and loves his job. So I've got both ends of the spetrum. But I am the type more like Mom. I'll work for someone else to pay the bills, but once I have a chance to really work on my passion, watch out because once it's rolling that's what I'll do for the rest of my life.

And kittens are all eyes opened and ears opening. They are so darned fluffy and cute. Tink doesn't even care that I handle them. If they start squeaking, she just comes over to watch and make sure they aren't hurt or anything and then just watches. Put the kitten back, and she gives it a quick wash.

If you are in the Wild White North, where there is currently a crapton of snow, please be extremely careful if you have to go out and about. I've seen photos, and read updates, and it's not pretty. Okay, the snow is pretty, but the amount of it is not. This is getting long, and I have stuff to do, haha. My day is behind schedule as it is with the internet problem. So it's off to be busy with things that need doing. Hugs all!!!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment