Sunday, February 22, 2015

COLD!!!!

We have another cold front moving through, and might get 1-2 inches of snow. What we had is mostly gone, with what's left just on the grass and such. The mountain road finally cleared up enough to get the truck up it last night after work, so that's good. Especially since we only get today off for the weekend, and that meant today was errands day. With being able to drive p, it also meant we could get everything up to the house without having to haul it up in the carts, which would have been time-consuming, exhausting, and a real pain in the butt. So showers and relaxing time are late today, which makes for a really cold bathroom for showering, but better that than not getting one at all. We did get a new tub mat because the old one had gotten extremely cruddy and even bleaching it wasn't killing the crud on it. This one has got feelers on it so you can use it to scrub the bottom of your feet while washing, whee!! It tickles. Only things I have left to do is put away the laundry and call my Mom to catch up on news.

Mom's lap quilt is finally quilted, so I just have to seam and bind the edge and it can finally go up to her. My travel project is that MAM afghan, and I am making some good progress on that. Work on the webstore goes apace, slow but sure, so soon enough, it will come to pass that things will look better for me financially. I'm not planning on it happening soon, but it would be nice! Don't get me wrong, I like my job, but it simply isn't what I want to do for the rest of my working career. What I get for growing up with an entrepreneur for a Mom, I guess, lol.

Kittens are mostly snoozing today. It's chilly and they want to stay warm and comfy. They are four weeks old today, and starting to get into the play fighting stage. Swatting, biting, etc., are now common, along with exploring to get out of the nesting box. The world is huge and they want to know what it's like. Smudge is curled up next to me, purring up a storm as he dozes off for a cat nap. That's my best buddy for ya.

For those who read this far, please send positive thoughts to my daughter. She's had a lot to deal with in the last couple of months in the form of six people she knows dying. SIX. In less than two months all told. That's a lot for a 22-year-old to have to deal with, and I am amazed that she is holding up as well as she does publicly with it all. No one should have to deal with this much death in this short a time. So please do whatever you feel is positive and appropriate to send some good vibes her way and the way of the famlies of her friends who have died. I am sure they could all use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment