Thursday, November 20, 2014

Crazy time

Well, we found out a few weeks ago that there would be "big changes" at the plant in the next year. Last night, we found out one of them. Come February, my current position will be disbanded, and I will be reassigned elsewhere, but do not know where yet. Reason being, they are apparently getting rid of my section in the department (tender line) and moving that section to the other plant in Berryville, with our tenders just getting toted off at the ends of the lines. This is fine, other than I will have a new job given to me. With other things going on in our lives right now, we aren't even certain I will be staying on second shift, as I may have to transfer back to first. Oh well ... take it a day at a time. The bad part about the whole thing is that apparently, the whole plant will shut down for two weeks to do all this retooling. That means temporary unemployment. Hopefully, we won't kill each other, because that is a LOT of time to spend with basically one person with nothing much to do. Wonder how many of our couples at work will survive that?

And it really cheeses me off, too, because with Arkansas unemployment rules, even though it will be a scheduled layoff, we STILL have to wait till we are laid off to file for temp unemployment and wait out the "waiting period week" to get anything. And since "anything" is really only about HALF your normal pay, we essentially are going to get screwed out of a week and half of earnings over this. REALLY???? Thanks, guys.

On a brighter note. Have you guys seen the videos I posted last night of my daughter at her voice recital? Two of them, and she is an excellent singer. You guys will LOVE them. That is what dedication to your craft from preschool does for you. All she's ever wanted to do was sing, and I've done my best, along with family and friends, to encourage her in her choice. No sense wasting that kind of talent. For those who've known her since basically babyhood, THIS is what we all knew she could do.

As far as needlework goes, I'm going to have to wait till spring to use the antifrozen yarn, because the crap has GOT to be soaked out. It's nasty and it's not usable with the glycol or whatever in the yarn. It feels too nasty to use without gloves on, and I can't work like that. May have to find a large net bag and throw the whole mess in that and wash/dry it at the laundromat one of these days. It's already a tangled mess in some ways, so that can't make it much worse. The lap quilt is coming along, as I'm half done with Butterfly #4 and working well on the third wing on it. Getting lots of compliments and curiosity at work, wishing folks would just leave me alone to work on it. I don't mind compliments, but I don't want to sit and talk about it when I'm trying to count stitches!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment