Monday, November 3, 2014

Going to be a long week

It's not posted yet, but it's predicted that we'll be working six days this week and next week. All so we maybe (MAYBE, mind you) don't have to work Black Friday. I've never understood the whole thing about Black Friday. I "did" it once, when we had a Friday off at work after Thanksgiving, and it was ridiculous. My then-boyfriend (not hubby), his son, my daughter and I all went to the mall in Fayetteville. I hated every minute of it. Too many people, too much noise, too much traffic. I'm not much of a crowds, noise, and traffic person. It's not that I'm anti-social, I am just not comfortable around too many people, and the human noise makes me grind my teeth and hunch in. Anxiety issues are not fun. Just makes me glad that my job is mostly close to, but not right next to, people. It can be boring, but it's better than being anxious that someone will want to talk and you won't have anything to say because you haven't got anything in common with them.

On the upside, I got the first panel done on the mile a minute afghan and the second one started. Hence why they are called mile a minute. You work a long chain, and then work around it several times to make a long, narrow panel. The rest of the panels are worked the same barring that the last round is a joining round to connect the panels together. It also means that you don't have to put a border around the thing, which saves time. I also got almost the whole first wing done on butterfly number three, which should be done and on to the next wing on it today while sitting at work. It's supposed to rain tonight, so even though the truck has no heat right now, other than the little 12V heater for the driver's side of the windshield, so hubby can see to drive, we'll be taking the truck. I love my car, but sometimes this mountain road gets rather slippy in rainy weather, and I'd rather not get stuck.

Fall back on time didn't do me a whole lot of good for sleep. Bouncer decided last night was a good night to live up to his name. All over the place, knocking stuff off the nightstands and dresser, kept me up for almost two hours. I'm wiped. Once again, I'm thankful my job is boring and reasonably easy, because if I'm sleepy, I can half-doze through the night. Hopefully, this time, I'll have some help. I'm a bit tired of being "good troop" and handling the whole job by myself all night. We miss bones and stuff, and it makes for a lot of harder work for those of us doing things alone when we're supposed to have a partner. But, it's time to get together for work and haul myself around to do the couple of chores I need to do (cat's litter box and I have to remake the bed - hubby stole most of the blankets again last night). Hugs, all!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment