Monday, November 17, 2014

Ribbit ribbit

Still no voice today. I'm down to literally no more than a whisper to talk. Thankfully, I don't talk much at work anyhow, so no biggie, and hubby and I have a system worked out for texting and writing notes so I don't have to speak if I don't really desperately need to. It's awful frustrating, and every time I get like this, I understand how complicated it is for someone like a natural mute or a deaf person to get their needs and wants satisfied properly by the hearing and speaking world. Not that I mind the silence, but difficult communication is extremely frustrating.

Today is bound to be super chilly. Roads may be clear, but depending on what the mountain road looks like, and whether the little windshield-clearing heater in the truck will work enough for hubby to be able to see to drive, we may be going with it instead of the car today. This despite it being below freezing for the high, the wind chills and that the low is going to be well below zero. We do have an insulated thermal blanket for in case of this kind of thing, but I don't know which vehicle we'll take. The car has heat, the truck doesn't. The car has three new tires, the truck has one. I drive better, but the winds are bad and the truck has a winch and tow chains and tire chains. Yeah, it kind of balances out. (Plus when the temps are this low, the heater in the car barely takes the chill off, so it's almost as bad as not having heat, other than it keeps the windshield clear.) Other concern is hubby didn't go run the vehicles or bring the batteries in last night like I told him to, so I dunno if they'll even start now. Gonna be a fun day, yep.

Gosh, I really wish the plant would cancel work today. Seriously, it isn't even going to get above freezing without the wind chills, so the chickens are going to die on the trucks. Wanna bet we work a full eight-hour shift tonight anyhow? SERIOUSLY???? In this cold? Everything should shut down with these temps. Even the schools are open, which absolutely astounds me. I expect schools to be open back home in MI ... we are a really tough bunch of people and winter weather doesn't faze us a bit. But down here, this kind of weather and wind chills usually shuts everything down. Guess not today. It would be nice though, as it's a perfect day to just stay in bed and sleep.

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment