Saturday, November 15, 2014

No precipitation today, right

According to the Weather Channel online, my area is not expected to have precipitation today after all. Yet, here it is, 5PM, we just got home from our errands day, and ummmm, yeah. It's sleeting. Thankfully, we got everything inside, got the doody bucket changed out and have the house closed up for the night, just as it starts in with the "wintry mix" we were suddenly no longer going to be getting today, instead receiving up to three inches of the white fluffy stuff tomorrow, all so we can have a frigid day Monday. Yeah. That's really happening. And it's thundering, so it's thundersleet. Joyous.

I'm so glad I have plenty to do. Lots of needlework and lots of books to keep me busy. Water is heating up to do dishes, and I have laundry to put away. Trash tomorrow to gather up and burn, but that's about it for the weekend as far as chores go. Mostly because it's just plain cold. But I'm going to enjoy the rest of my "day" today (even though it still has about twelve hours before it's over) and all of tomorrow, and get as much done as possible on Mom's lap quilt and the afghan. Then of course there are a bunch of other things to knit, crochet and embroider, enough to keep me pretty busy all winter long.

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment