Sunday, November 30, 2014

Last warm weather, I think

As there's supposed to be a freeze warning tonight. It's about 70F right now, and by midnight here, it's supposed to be a freezing rain, with a winter weather advisory until 4PM tomorrow. Amazing how the weather can go from summerlike to midwinter in just a few hours. Guess it's a good thing I have plenty to keep me busy in the cold. All stocked up with stuff to do in the bedroom, as I will likely spend a lot of time hunkering under blankets there and doing needlework. Quentin prefers to freeze to watch TV so he's comfortable on the couch, but not me. I'll watch my TV online and stay warm, or watch a DVD and stay warm, while I work on things. Never have mastered the "art" of staring at the TV and not doing anything else. Guess it's a matter of how I grew up, lol. TV is background racket, with occasional glances up to see what's going on if it sounds interesting.

I did get that fifth butterfly done yesterday and got a bit of a start on the sixth one. Four butterflies to go and I can start assembling and basting and quilting. I was going to go with ribbon of some kind for a border on the quilt, but I found some just barely off-white material yesterday and got 1/3 of a yard of it. As it's 108" wide, what I'll do is cut it in half lengthwise and put them together and it should be more than enough to bind the edges nicely. It will also cover up the little dirty fingerprints around the edges where people keep grabbing at it to see what it looks like without asking lately. I snapped at one lady last week who did that and she got all offended at me. Well, don't touch stuff that's not yours just because you want to see it. ASK first.

That's a good rule with a crafter in public. If you want to see what they are doing better, keep your hands to yourself and ask them about it, ask to see it. Chances are, they'll be glad to show you what it is, or at least to talk about it. Grabbing is almost as bad as one lady one time when I was knitting at the laundromat, who wanted to "help" me with it and do a few stitches on a complicated lace pattern, because I could "just rip it back out anyhow." Seriously? Why do people get offended when I say NO? Is it just that they actually expected me to share my crafting with them in a more tangible way, or that they never learned manners and what no means? Often, I tend to think it's more the latter, as many times as I've had to say no, and been told *I* was the one being rude.

Finished off Thanksgiving leftovers yesterday, so I actually have to do some cooking and cleaning today. I even did some Christmas shopping yesterday, and am proud of myself. Covered DD weeks ago, Mom's is in the works and got hubby some neat stuff yesterday for less than $20. Yep, cheap shopper, but it's all good stuff. (And yes, once the lap quilt is fnished, I will take pictures. If Tink and Raffles would ever stay still for more than 30 seconds together, I'd get a photo of them, too.) I also need to get shower water going so I can get cleaned up before it gets cold. A warm bathroom for a shower is a lot nicer than a chilly one, trust me. Plus I have to get dishes done as well. So while that all gets done, I'll find y'all some good books!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment