Friday, November 14, 2014

Yuck

Got out of work at about 130AM, or on time, for once, so we headed to Wally World right after work to avoid crowds and stock up ASAP. With the remains of Winter Storm Astro bearing down on the Central States, with Bozeman not far behind, we're looking at snow this Saturday and wanted to get in groceries before any of it, as we still have to go do laundry Saturday morning. If we get up and moving first thing, we can get that done and get back home before any of the snow hits other than maybe the start of it all. This will mean that once we are home Saturday, all that has to be done is get in water jugs and laundry and then put that away. The rest of the weekend at that point is ours to have fun with as we please. We are stocking up on new water jugs, as the old ones are starting to spring leaks. This means it's replacement time for a bunch of them, plus it saves us filling jugs in this bitter cold as it takes a heck of a lot less time to put new ones in the car or truck and then unload them and haul them to the house, than it does to also haul empties to the vehicle, unload them at the gas station and fill them. The empties will be saved to fill up a few a day once the weather warms up again into the 40sF so it won't be so miserable to fill them.

But because I expect this to be a long, bitter winter, and I don't feel like hauling my needlework out of the icy cold front bedroom, I bleeding well made myself go in and get it last night. Knitting needles for socks (6" double points), all the yarn I'd gotten myself over the summer to make socks (about four skeins of Red Heart acrylic, which isn't real sock yarn but it's all in interesting colors), and the rest of the yarn I need for the mile a minute afgahn I need.

I have discovered with that thing that it's going to be a bit more complicated than I thought to finish it, but no biggie. It's only about 90" long, which doesn't do a whole lot to cover the bed and us with some drape over the end and our feet. And it's not quite enough to cover the bed side to side. So, twenty panels will be done for length, the panels will run side to side, and I'll add a border on it for drape. Sadly for the hubby, it will be a frou-frou border with a lot of lace, probably pineapples as I like the look, it's fast, and it makes a wide border that way. Time to get a nap, so hugs, all! (Hopefully, that sinus pill will kick in good so I can wake up for work!)

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment